Job: Sales Account Executive
Posted: 2017-03-20Share this page
If you are passionate about selling marketing and advertising solutions, Entercom Boston is ready to talk to you! We want the “best of the best” to represent our brands which include the WEEI Sports Radio Network, WAAF, WRKO, The New 97.7 R&B, the Boston Red Sox Radio Network, Patriots Monday/Friday Exclusive Programming, and our extensive digital marketing assets. No other media sales organization in New England can offer more marketing resources—or more qualified customer prospects-- than the Entercom Boston team!
Major Responsibilities of This Position:
- Continual prospecting and developing new clients through a relentless drive to generate new business
- Face to face meetings with prospective clients
- Involvement in the local business community, developing relationships with business owners and key decision makers to ensure success and repeat business
- Creating marketing campaigns for clients utilizing all of our media and sports assets, that are focused on their marketing needs and growing their business
- Closing business and executing the client campaign as agreed upon
- Coordinating all aspects of a marketing campaign including copy, ad production, billing, collections, promotions, and events
- Achieve weekly, monthly and annual sales objectives including sales revenue goals
- Maintain regular customer contact through efficient time management skills
- Attend sales meetings, station and sporting events, and training programs as required
Desired Skills and Experience:
- At least 2 years outside sales experience (media sales preferred) and a proven track record of successfully prospecting and developing new business
- A passion for selling! If you don’t having a burning desire to be a professional salesperson – this isn’t the right fit for you
- An understanding of marketing principles and a creative mind to put together unique ideas for our clients.
- Proven ability to ask for the business, overcome objections, and the courage to ask again
- Computer literacy and proficiency in MS Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Internet, social media, and digital marketing savvy
- Excellent listening skills and strong curiosity to learn about your clients’ businesses
- Problem solving ability – someone who sees a problem as an opportunity to develop business
Why should you join our sales team at Entercom Boston and what can we offer you?
- You will be able to create for client’s multi-platform advertising opportunities including our audio, sports marketing, digital, text/mobile, and experiential assets.
- Our company, Entercom Communications, believes in being digital pioneers and has been named one of the top 500 technology innovators of 2012 by InformationWeek. In 2014, Entercom added a new division, Smart Reach Digital, which is a complete digital advertising agency that, when paired with our core radio assets, increases the advertiser’s ROI by offering more consumer touch points.
- We offer our salespeople a full suite of resources and all support they need to be successful and earn a great income.
- You have the opportunity to bring innovative marketing ideas to life that make a difference for your clients and their businesses.
- You will be surrounded by other creative, collaborative, high energy people.
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity Employer