Job: WAAF Promotion Director
Promotion Director wanted for legendary Boston rock station, WAAF. The Promotion Director is the hub for all client and station promotional campaigns. This is all–encompassing, from brainstorm/creation through execution. The WAAF Promotion Director is accountable for any campaign that involves the station’s arsenal of marketing tools.
WAAF is looking for an individual with relevant experience, who is well-versed in the lifestyle of the music & sports loving New Englander, to work with peers in the Sales and Programming, Departments to deliver great experiences for advertisers and listeners alike.
This person has demonstrable skill and outstanding character to effectively create and execute campaigns, taking full advantage of all opportunities with an end goal of increasing Revenue and Ratings.
- Understand, through first-hand experience, the fundamentals of marketing, including the creation of effective campaigns and the nuances of successful execution.
- Manage promotional campaigns from start to finish. Work with Sales, Programming and Production departments to guarantee flawless execution including contesting, prize fulfillment and tax documentation when applicable
- Connect with consumers through both traditional and digital assets including compelling copywriting, promo scheduling, database marketing, social media, text, website, and impactful guerilla marketing techniques.
- Be exemplary at uncovering and maximizing promotional opportunities to exploit revenue and audience building opportunities.
- Monitor and analyze the brand’s promotional activity and make recommendations based on insights and trends.
- Maintain a high level on customer service through phone, email, social media and in-person interactions.
- Handle the supervision and workload of interns and contribute to the supervision of part-time personnel
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Minimum of 2-3 years related experience, Radio promotions preferred.
- Extremely organized, creative multi-tasker, strong communicator. Possess a smart, fast, inspiring and fun communication style with peers, clients and the audience.
- Proven passion and understanding the WAAF audience, effective promotions for that audience and how to leverage the power of the station’s marketing tools to benefit Revenue and Ratings.
- Expert in drafting creative proposals and presentations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook,) Twitter, Facebook, Instagram text, widgets, WYSIWYG editors, etc.
- Shared Entercom values of serving customers first, doing the right thing, innovating relentlessly, focus on excellence, and doing well by doing good to bring judgment and a sense of responsibility to the Marketing Department.
Entercom Boston is an Equal Opportunity Employer