Job: Market Value Associate
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Browse Similar Jobs: Accounting/Auditing
Sankaty Advisors, the credit and fixed income investment affiliate of Bain Capital, is one of the nation’s leading private managers of credit with approximately $15.5 billion of committed capital. Sankaty Advisors manages a wide variety of funds including, collateralized debt obligations (CDOs), special opportunities funds and a credit arbitrage hedge fund, investing in a wide variety of securities, including high-yield bonds, stressed/distressed debt, mezzanine debt, levered loans, credit default swaps, structured products, and select equity investments. Through our numerous funds, we have the ability to invest in every level of a company’s capital structure from secured debt to equity, and can also provide private capital to growing companies with unique financing needs.
Sankaty Advisors investment process is characterized by detailed business and financial analysis and a culture of vigorous debate. We combine a consulting-based approach to industry, competitor and business analysis with an in-depth examination of a target company’s financial performance and capital structure. Our goal is to select the best industries, the best companies, and the best relative value among the many securities each company offers.
BAIN CAPITAL OVERVIEW
Bain Capital is a global private equity firm that manages several pools of capital including private equity, public equity, high-yield assets, and mezzanine capital with approximately $60 billion in total assets under management. Since its inception in 1984, the firm has made private equity investments in over 175 companies, in a variety of industries, including technology and communications, healthcare, consumer goods and industrial products Headquartered in Boston, Bain Capital offices are in New York, Chicago, Palo Alto, London, Munich, Mumbai, Hong Kong, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
• 1 – 3 years of public accounting, audit or tax, or other relevant work experience in a rigorous environment
• Ability to prioritize responsibilities and work under deadlines
• Self-starter with initiative
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with capacity to interact with outside parties and personnel across all levels of the firm
• Willingness to decipher complex legal documents
• Dedicated team player with a strong sense of ownership and follow-through skills
• Detail-oriented, conscientious and energetic professional
• Strong Excel skills
• Four-year college degree with a strong academic background.
• Major in accounting, finance or related degree preferred.
• CPA or equivalent qualification a plus
Will include some or all of the following for multiple funds:
• Preparation of daily analysis of investment activity and performance
• Preparation of monthly capital reporting to investors and returns analysis
• Preparation of first draft of quarterly and annual Financial Statements
• Application of provisions described in complex legal documents
• Preparation of weekly compliance reporting for CDOs
• Assistance in preparation of Quarterly investor letters
• Close interaction with outside accountants during year end audit
• Close interaction with tax accountants for the preparation of tax returns and K-1’s
Bain Capital LLC Jobs
This company does not have more jobs