Advocates for Youth
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Program Manager
at Advocates for Youth
- Minimum Education Required
- High School Diploma/GED
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
The Assistant Program Manager will assist the Program Manager with supervisory responsibilities within a group home setting. This role will also ensure the smooth operation of caregiver services provided by Direct Support staff to adults who identify with developmental disabilities.
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
Are you ready to make a difference?
Minimum Education Required
- Ensure that individuals we support are treated with dignity and respect.
- Assist with the supervision of staff. Assist staff in promoting self-advocacy, decision-making and empowerment, and developing person-centered goals and strategies.
- Develop and monitor creative and interesting community-centered opportunities for all individuals.
- Schedule and attend individuals’ medical, dental, psychiatric and any other necessary appointments, as needed.
- Complete progress notes and other documentation as necessary.
- Monitor scheduling of staff to ensure economy and program coverage.
- Audit individual financial records and assist with monthly business reports (petty cash, spending reports, etc.).
- Ensure accuracy of medication administration following MAP procedures.
- Lead and attend staff meetings as appropriate.
- High School diploma or equivalent degree and two years’ related experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, and to exercise sound judgement.
- Must have basic computer knowledge.
- Must hold a valid driver's license, have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport clients.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday and complex situations, and actively listening. We exercise independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and benefit of the Team.
Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we serve. We put the individual first.