Advocates for Youth
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Awake overnight Residential Skills Instructor
at Advocates for Youth
- Minimum Education Required
- High School Diploma/GED
- Job ID
- Regular Part-Time
- Number of Hours Per Week
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions from our staff.
The Awake Overnight Residential Skills Instructors are responsible to implement individual service and behavioral plans and supervise and support the daily activities of individuals, providing ongoing support, guidance, and role modeling on a consistent basis. The Residential Skills Instructor will provide developmental skills training through recreational and therapeutic services, as well as community integration to foster a learning environment.
Are you ready to make a difference?
Minimum Education Required
Additional Shift Details
- Report to shift on time ready to spend at least 95 percent of working hours in personal contact with individuals.
- Assist individuals through implementation of all goals and objectives
- Implement behavior plans and treatment plans developed by program leadership and program clinicians.
- Track and report data related to these plans according to the Agency expectations.
- Participate in planning and implementation of daily activity schedule and daily routine
- Support individuals in their home and help individuals to become an active member of their community by actively seeking out integrated activities.
- Assist individuals in Self-Advocacy, decision-making and empowerment.
- Provide ongoing support, guidance and role modeling for individuals.
- Assist individuals with home maintenance and perform cleaning duties as assigned.
- Assist individuals to identify and develop person centered goals and plans to address any concerns, wants or needs they have.
- Prepare summaries of interaction and objective behavioral observations of clients at the end of shift; clinical notes and data collection using Microsoft Outlook.
- Lift and transfer individuals as needed.
- Provide transportation as needed.
- Maintain all mandatory core certifications (First Aid, CPR, Safety Care, MAP, HR/DPPC etc)
- Implements the principles of Safety Care appropriately and other program specific safety trainings.
- Successful completion of Individual Behavioral Protocol training as conducted by Clinical Program Manager/RBT and/or program clinical consultants within first six months of hire.
- Encourage and provide opportunities for community participation and membership.
- Schedule attend and document appointments as assigned.
- Safeguard individuals’ monetary funds.
- Report significant issues (health, behavioral, psychiatric) to the appropriate supervisor in a timely fashion. Document issues/incidents according to agency and division guidelines
- Perform physical intervention in the event of a client crisis
- High School diploma or GED, with three years working in Human Services.
- Experience implementing behavioral plans and data collecting.
- Experience with utilizing/implementing applied behavioral therapy preferred.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High energy level and ability to function in a team atmosphere and independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing and ability to use good judgment.
- Strongly prefer that a candidate will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations
- Commitment to providing a clean homelike environment for the individuals.
- Ability to operate agency vehicles
- Strong computer knowledge
- Must hold a valid drivers’ license. Must have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport individuals.
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday and complex situations, and actively listening. We exercise independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and benefit of the Team.
Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we serve. We put the individual first.