Advocates for Youth
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Custodian- Day Services
at Advocates for Youth
- Minimum Education Required
- High School Diploma/GED
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
- Number of Hours Per Week
The Life Skills and Learning Center seeks a custodian to maintain the cleanliness, organization and upkeep of the program space. Working in an environment that provides services to over 150 individuals with disabilities and staff. This program seeks outstanding candidates who are hard-working, ambitious, and committed to working in a team environment who reporting to the Operations Director. Responsible for all custodial operations in assigned building. This position performs a variety of cleaning and maintenance duties, as assigned, including but not limited to: vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, washing, dusting, polishing, window cleaning, trash removal, and appliance cleaning. This candidate will be responsible for cleaning of all kitchens and bathrooms. Other duties include oversight of all cleaning and household supplies for the program. Must have ability to tactfully deal with all building occupants.
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
Are you ready to make a difference?
Minimum Education Required
- Maintain the cleanliness of the program.
- Disinfect and organize large kitchen areas.
- Disinfect all bathrooms in the program.
- Sweep and mop all program rooms as necessary.
- Dust all fixtures, ledges and vents.
- Disinfect all light switches, door knobs, windows and fixtures.
- Clean all refrigerators and appliances in both large kitchen spaces and program rooms.
- Vacuum any carpeted areas.
- Disinfect all tables, chairs, counters, walls, etc.
- Follow and complete a housekeeping checklist.
- Maintain all necessary cleaning products through maintenance of a list of supplies.
- Attend and actively participate in program meetings and supervision.
- Attend and actively participate in trainings as assigned; maintain current necessary certifications (CPR, First Aid, Human Rights).
- Participate in a positive team atmosphere.
- Ensure that individuals we support are treated with dignity and respect in accordance with Advocates Human Rights Policy.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Strongly prefer that a candidate will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in working with a culturally diverse populations.
- Demonstrate an ability to work as a team and perform job duties with minimal supervisory intervention.
Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday and complex situations, and actively listening. We exercise independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and benefit of the Team.
Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we serve. We put the individual first.