Advocates for Youth
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Direct Support Staff - Developmental Services
at Advocates for Youth
- Minimum Education Required
- High School Diploma/GED
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
- Number of Hours Per Week
Advocates is seeking enthusiastic, motivated team players to provide valuable care to individuals in a residential setting!
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions from our staff.
The Direct Support Staff will provide ongoing support, guidance and role modeling to program residents in our Developmental Services programs. This role will promote community inclusion and self-advocacy and facilitate individual growth in the areas of personal responsibility, social skills, and community living.
Are you ready to make a difference?
Minimum Education Required
Additional Shift Details
- Support individuals in daily activities inside their home and in the community by promoting self-advocacy, decision-making and empowerment. Provide guidance and role modeling as appropriate.
- Assist individuals with planning and implementation of daily activity schedules and routines.
- Assist individuals to identify and develop person-centered goals and plans to address any concerns, wants or needs.
- Encourage active participation in community events and other integrated activities.
- Assist individuals with home maintenance and perform cleaning responsibilities.
- Document shift notes summarizing any applicable occurrences, observations, concerns or progress.
- High school diploma or equivalent degree. Experience working with the population preferred!
- Excellent interpersonal, judgement and coaching skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to utilize basic computer applications.
- Desire to thrive in a fast-paced, client-centered, team-oriented environment.
- Must hold a valid driver's license, have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport clients.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday and complex situations, and actively listening. We exercise independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and benefit of the Team.
Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we serve. We put the individual first.
Keywords: direct care, direct support, residential counselor, residential support, group home, group living environment, GLE, ADLs