Advocates for Youth
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Peer Specialist - Deaf Services
at Advocates for Youth
- Minimum Education Required
- High School Diploma/GED
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
- Number of Hours Per Week
Advocates is seeking talented, open-minded and empathetic Peer Support professionals to help others in their journeys.
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
Peer Specialists are fully integrated team members who provide individualized services to people receiving services from Advocates Mental Health Division. Peer specialists promote client self determination and decision making through the use of their own recovery stories and lived experience. Peer specialists provide expertise and consultation to the entire team to help create a culture in which each client’s point of view and preferences are recognized, understood, respected, honored, validated, and integrated into treatment, rehabilitation and community self-help activities.
Are you ready to make a difference?
Minimum Education Required
- Provide individual and group peer support services.
- Maintain and distribute current information on community resources related to self-help and recovery.
- Coordinate and lead informal groups related to peer support, recovery, resiliency, and resources.
- Advocate for client’s preferences in all decision making arenas.
- Connect and network with other area providers and individuals.
- Develop professional relationships with area providers and communicate regularly to ensure all services and resources are being fully utilized.
- Strictly adhere to Certified Peer Specialist Code of Ethics.
- High School Diploma or equivalent degree.
Must currently be or have previously been a recipient of the Mental Health Systems Services.
Must apply to Certified Peer Specialist training within 6 months of job offer and attend training when scheduled.
Excellent communication skills.
- Must be ASL fluent.
Must have sensitivity to the needs of the population.
Must have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.