Advocates for Youth
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Reentry Housing Coordinator
at Advocates for Youth
- Minimum Education Required
- High School Diploma/GED
- Job ID
- Regular Part-Time
- Number of Hours Per Week
The Housing Coordinator is responsible for providing housing searches and stabilization services to individuals re-entering into the community from incarceration. Housing Coordinators will assisting individuals that do not have independent housing with applying for subsidized apartments. Services include identifying, negotiating, and securing housing units and housing assistance programs as well as providing stabilization services during the initial tenancy period.
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions from our staff.
Are you ready to make a difference?
Minimum Education Required
- Identify available and appropriate housing units, assessing for affordability, location, condition and safety.
- Assist individuals in securing units, including viewing sites, completing the application process, follow up with potential units and move-in.
- Assist individuals to obtain documentation needed to apply for benefits; such as, photo identification, and birth certificates.
- Provide stabilization services during the transition period after move- skills needed in order to maintain independent housing.
- Assist individuals with completing applications to access state and federal housing assistance.
- Assist individuals with completing annual recertification paperwork and unit inspections required to maintain housing subsidies.
- Maintain records in accordance with grant requirements and agency standards.
- Attend trainings as assigned and maintain necessary certifications (CPR, First Aid, crisis management).
- Attend supervisions and staff meetings as assigned.
- Ensure that clients are treated with dignity and respect in accordance with Advocates Human Rights policy and Intentional Care Standards.
- Adhere to all principles related to the Advocates Way.
- Perform all duties in accordance with the agency’s policies and procedures.
- Strictly follow all agency Performance Standards.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 2 years’ experience in managing affordable housing and/or housing supports.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
- Knowledge of housing assistance benefits and low income housing programs.
- Must have budget management and record keeping skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people receiving services, stakeholders, and community providers.
- Ability to work and negotiate with private landlords and real estate companies.
- Strong writing and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- Sensitivity to the needs of the population.
- Basic computer knowledge including Excel and MS Word.
- Must hold a valid drivers’ license. Must have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport clients.
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday and complex situations, and actively listening. We exercise independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and benefit of the Team.
Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we serve. We put the individual first.