Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Unpaid Internship - TeamALZ & The Longest Day
at Alzheimer's Association
The Alzheimer's Association is making a difference, and so can you! The Alzheimer's Association is the world's leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research. We are the largest private funder of Alzheimer research and the premier source of information and support for the more than 5 million Americans with Alzheimer's disease and their 15 million families and caregivers. The Alzheimer's Association was recently recognized as the # 1 large Best Non Profit to Work For in the Non-Profit Times 50 Best Places to Work for 2012, for the second year in a row.
The Massachusetts/New Hampshire Chapter operates out of its main office in Waltham, with regional offices in Springfield, Worcester, and Raynham, MA, and Bedford, NH.
TEAM END ALZ
Team End ALZ is the official athletic fundraising program of the Alzheimer’s Association MA/NH Chapter and offers running, triathlon and cycling events.
RIDE To End ALZ: 2020 marks the 24th year of the RIDE To End ALZ. The event includes a 100, 62 and 30 mile route option as well as a family fun ride. This fundraising event has over 500 participants and over 150 volunteers, who have raised over $6.5M to fund research for Alzheimer’s.
RUN To End ALZ: This program offers individuals an opportunity to join a team of runners to train, fundraise and participate in several popular road races, half & full marathons including the prestigious Boston Marathon, and several triathlons all throughout MA. We provide a coach and training program, fundraising coaching, team gear and various events throughout the season.
THE LONGEST DAY
The Longest Day is a signature fundraising event for the Alzheimer’s Association which is celebrated on the summer solstice in June. It is a do-it-yourself fundraising model where participants across the country plan and host various events and activities to engage their communities to raise funding and awareness.
· Assist with phone and email outreach to past participants
· Assist with social media outreach/recruitment
· Identify and reach out to relevant athletic clubs/groups/companies to encourage participation
· Assist with event planning in areas such as logistics, promotion, volunteer recruitment, registration tracking, etc.
· Provide assistance with preparing and distributing event materials
· Current college or university student looking to earn course credits while working in development
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, and comfortable with database work
· Experience using Raiser’s Edge a plus, but not required
· Flexibility and willingness to step in and provide hands-on assistance as needed
· Ability to handle many projects and manage tasks independently
· Outgoing, energetic personality
This position is unpaid but offers valuable learning experiences for any college students hoping to work in the non-profit and event planning sector as they earn credits. Interest in special events and fundraising a plus.