Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Unpaid Internship - Walk to End Alzheimer's
at Alzheimer's Association
Be part of the movement to end Alzheimer’s!
Right now, millions of Americans are facing the devastation of Alzheimer’s. This disease is robbing us of our finances, our families and our futures - but at the Alzheimer’s Association, we’re relentlessly working to change that by addressing the challenges in front of us with speed and without limitations or boundaries. With our network of more than 75 chapters across the country, we’re advancing world-class research, ensuring access to gold-standard care and support, and hiring talented, mission-driven people who make it all happen.
The Alzheimer’s Association has been ranked as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times nine years in a row, recognizing our leadership, and mission-driven atmosphere. This unpaid internship (10 -12 hours per week) provides the experience and skill building for future job possibilities in a wide range of professional settings.
Walk To End Alzheimer’s
The Walk to End Alzheimer’s is the largest annual fundraising and public awareness event for the Alzheimer’s Association. Each fall, three Walks are held in New Hampshire and nine are held in Massachusetts. The Massachusetts/New Hampshire Chapter operates out of its main office in Waltham, with regional offices in Springfield, Worcester, and Raynham, MA, and in Bedford, NH.
- In coordination with Walk Manager, develop a plan of action to ensure logistical needs are met both prior and during the Walk to End Alzheimer’s
- Work with logistics sub-committee to secure in-kind donations for walk
- Assist in outreach to donors, businesses, sponsors and volunteers by phone and email
- Recruit team captains for the Walk
- Assist newly registered walkers with setting up websites
- Assist with mailings of Walk marketing materials
- Attend monthly Walk committee meeting
- Participate in a weekly call with management
- Attend outside networking events as schedule allows
- List upcoming events on community calendars and volunteer websites
- Fulfill clerical needs and various projects as assigned by development staff
- Maintain a working knowledge of the Alzheimer’s Association mission and its programs
- Outreach to community and school groups to encourage participation in Walk
- Assist with Welcome Calls and emails to new Walk registrants, including: notification of upcoming Walk events, providing fundraising ideas, etc.
- Assist with planning and promotion of pre and post Walk events such as volunteer orientations, Walk Kickoff events, Pre-Registration Events, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and comfortable with database work
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge a plus, but not required
- Possess excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to step in and provide hands-on assistance as needed
- Ability to handle many projects at one time
- Outgoing, energetic personality
- Strong organizational and customer service skills are a must, with keen attention to details, as well as excellent problem-solving abilities
- Proficient in Google Drive, Google Docs, Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Interest in special events and fundraising a plus
Please indicate for which semester, and for which regional office, you are applying. (Waltham, Worcester, Springfield or Bedford, NH.)