Arbella Insurance Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Team Manager - Billing and Commissions
at Arbella Insurance Group
Arbella Insurance Group is one of the leading insurance insurers in the Northeast. In order to achieve this, we work hard to attract and retain the best people to serve our customers. We developed our Total Rewards package for this reason, as well as to set us apart from other organizations. It not only includes competitive salaries, generous benefits, and incentive programs, but also work/life programs, personal and professional learning and development opportunities, flexible work arrangements, and a free shuttle service to the Quincy Adams T station.
At Arbella, we know that the happiest and most productive employees are those who work in a great environment with people who share a common goal/vision, while maintaining a healthy life outside of work. We believe in investing in our employees and encourage our people to grow and expand their knowledge and skills so that we, too, may continue to grow as a company.
It’s no wonder that we were recently awarded one of the Best Place to Work by the Boston Business Journal.
The Arbella Team Manager’s primary focus is overseeing team performance and production to ensure departmental goals are achieved in support of the business plan and service provided in adherence to Key Performance Indicators. They are a highly visible leader responsible for their Team’s execution of tactical, day-to-day activities and participation in department and corporate initiatives impacting their area of Operations. The Team Manager understands their department’s impact on other business areas, and leads their team in contributing to Arbella’s strategic business objectives. The Team Manager will accomplish tasks primarily through supervision of non-exempt and entry level exempt employees. Decision making authority typically pertains to routine company needs and establishing ongoing credibility with their team, peers and key stakeholders.
- Assist direct reports and department Manager in driving operational improvements and high quality output in support of delivering exceptional customer service
- Supervise direct reports in processing and reconciling premium payments across multiple billing systems, in a timely manner.
- Monitor individual and team performance through productivity measurements, coaching and training
- Consistently hold One on One meetings with direct reports, document performance results and deliver performance reviews
- Establish and closely monitor employee training with mentoring; providing timely and constructive feedback to ensure appropriate resources are aligned with business needs
- Monitor, assist and collaborate within Team and through other departments to resolve escalated agent and customer issues
- Build and maintain relationships with banking vendors, partnering to optimize services and technology solutions that will improve operational processes and reduce expenses
- Compile, analyze and create reports to inform management of the results of critical areas of the operation; offer insight into the results and recommendations for departmental and procedural changes as necessary
- Support and directly influence billing system enhancements and upgrades as well as participate as a subject matter expert on Billing related project work.
- Ensure procedures are created and/or updated as workflows change and efficiencies gained to ensure continuity within team performance and to support employee training
- Participate in internal and external audits of premium receivable transactions
- Validate and analyze the integrity of data used as the basis of Key Performance Indicators, the Quality review program, and Staffing Model and Billing Dashboard results
- Has limited authority to make decisions on budget and/or other business impact objectives
- Other responsibilities will be assigned as required
- A Bachelor's degree with at least one year of work experience in a financial operational service environment is highly preferred. Candidates with equivalent work experience are considered.
- At least 2 years of prior supervisory experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills are essential.