Bay Cove Human Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Bay Cove Human Services
Bay Cove Human Services seeks a Payroll Administrator who supports and assists with all payroll functions, completing weekly payroll processing, adjustments, corrections and reporting as assigned.
The Payroll Administrator will:
- Support the preparation of Bay Cove and CASPAR payrolls weekly, assisting the Payroll Manager to ensure submission to Ceridian by the agreed upon deadline.
- Ensure all employee information, direct deposit accounts, and payroll deductions has been entered into the payroll system for accurate weekly payroll and annual tax reporting.
- Learn and understand the payroll-related specifications of our various services, i.e., shift differentials, relief rates, stipends, on call pay.
- Work with program managers and staff to research and address payroll issues that arise during weekly processing, such as variances in hours, approvals, or rates of pay.
- Complete training as needed to maintain full working knowledge of Dayforce system.
- Provide support to program staff to answer questions and address payroll inquiries on a daily basis.
- Work with the Payroll Manager, Ceridian customer support, and internal Dayforce administrators to address payroll-related system issues or updates as needed.
- Participate in and support creation of W-2s by January 31st each year.
- Learn and be able to complete the process in the absence of the Payroll Manager.
- Generate W2 copies for employees as needed.
- Prepare data necessary to pay all amounts deducted for wage garnishments.
- Complete transactions for vacation advances, vacation-to-sick conversions, and employee loans.
- Upload various XML and CSV files into Dayforce HCM for payroll processing.
- Ensure accurate calculation of wages, tax withholdings and deductions, including but not limited to insurance, wage garnishments and child support orders.
- Complete pre-commit audits and exception reports Process manual checks to correct any payroll errors according to company policy Prepare ad-hoc reports as requested.
- Provide proper compliance documentation to internal and external auditors as needed.
- Reconcile and balance benefits and deductions Calculate and process final paychecks for employee terminations.
- Maintain and ensure employee paid time off balances are correct.
- Work closely with Payroll Manager to ensure that policies and procedures are followed.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Skill / Requirements
- Associates degree in accounting or equivalent.
- 2 years or more experience with electronic payroll systems.
- Experience with Ceridian Dayforce strongly preferred, but other systems such as ADP accepted.
- Analytical and communication skills that enable research and resolution of issues with departments outside of payroll, including AP, Budgets and Contracts, and HR.
- Has the fundamental skills and knowledge associated with accounting and/or finance Intermediate to Advanced Excel Skills (including but not limited to Pivot Tables and V-Lookups)