Cambridge Health Alliance
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Performance Improvement Consultant - Performance Improvement
at Cambridge Health Alliance
1035 Cambridge St, Cambridge, MA 02139
This position reports to the Director of Performance Improvement (PI) at Cambridge Health Alliance, in the Department of Quality, Safety and Risk Management. The role will involve facilitating PI projects from development, analysis, monitoring to implementation. The goal is to improve efficiency, identify waste and integrate evidence-based decision making with an innovative lens using the PI frameworks such as Lean. The role is supported by a team with skills ranging from PI expertise, data and quality metric identification and monitoring, patient risk and safety concerns, and clinical data abstraction for regulatory bodies.
This position will specifically be responsible for working with the PI team in supporting the projects through project management, data analysis and using PI tools. Data extraction, analysis and presentation skills are critical for this position. The team will also be involved in strategic discussions for creating a culture of PI, assisting in communication and training of staff in projects. The PI Consultant will play the critical role of a facilitator for PI project teams.
· At a minimum master's degree in Business Administration, Public Health, Health care management or related area is highly desirable.
· Expertise in project management (Smartsheet, Trello, Project management), PI frameworks such Lean and other quality improvement methods is preferred.
· Healthcare experience is preferred or Industrial engineering background with experience in healthcare.
· Experience in the following position responsibilities is essential:
o Ability to facilitate PI projects using PI tools and frameworks.
§ CHA is committed to the improvement of workflow and processes using Lean and other required tools (such as process maps, inefficiencies, impact-effort matrix, root cause analysis).
§ The vision is to standardize processes across the organization based on the strategic requirements.
§ The journey requires cascading of current projects and working with units/departments projects identified as focus areas due to metrics, data and patient access issues.
o Measurement using data and visual display management.
§ PI projects require efficient data extraction, analysis and presentation of data.
§ Ability and flexibility to learn various data resources, extraction methods and knowledge of various data evaluation strategies is very important.
· Effective communication:
§ The role requires the ability to effectively lead, facilitate and communicate PI strategy, and project goals and process to relevant stakeholders- including physicians, senior leadership, clinical and non-clinical staff - to support and achieve the short- and long term goals of CHA PI.
· Works closely with the team.
· Collaborative and willing to be flexible with projects.
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including listening and facilitation skills are critical.
· The individual must be comfortable speaking to groups, both large and small, and individuals, presenting ideas professionally and clearly in a easy to understand logic of PI.
· Communication should be cognizant of the diversity and patient-centric focus of CHA.
· Innovative and creative thinking is critical for this position.
· Agile nature with the ability to work independently but also support and collaborate with the team and other stakeholders.
· Understanding and being empathic to the needs of the patient and workforce from diverse background is important for this position.
· Excellent data management skills.
o Data evaluation and presentation skills such as use of pivot tables to interpret data, ability to develop statistical process control charts, tree diagrams, trend analysis.
o Data management skills and programming knowledge would be desirable.
o Ability to learn new data extraction skills using SQL, EPIC slicer and dicer or chart reporting among others.
· Excellent project management skills.
o Demonstrates ability to develop, implement, and manage evidence based projects.
o Ability to use Project management tools
· Experience in Performance Improvement tools is important.
o Background in Lean, Six Sigma or other accepted performance improvement methodologies.
· Strong skills in using Microsoft suite and ability to use and work in Google office environment is necessary.
Working Conditions and Physical Environment:
· The PI team promotes an engaging and collaborative culture.
· The team is open to discussions, feedback and recommendations.
· They work at different locations across CHA but find time to brainstorm and facilitate projects with strategic vision and micro-level strategies.
· The team works in a fast pace environment with technology support.
· The team promotes diversity, is very patient and staff centric and committed to improving access for patients at CHA.
Job - Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
· Working on PI projects across the organization
· Supporting the PI projects with data extraction, analysis and presentation
· Supporting CHA's strategic initiatives through PI efforts
· Developing innovative solutions and supporting their implementation
· Developing and supporting PI communication strategies