Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager Strategic Sourcing Global Products
at Cardinal Health
Function: Global Sourcing -- Global Sourcing is responsible for creating and managing diverse strategic supplier partnerships that drive enterprise value with innovation, best cost and competitive advantages that benefit customers, suppliers and patients. Develops and executes strategic plans by leveraging market intelligence, industry knowledge and cross-functional collaboration. Competitive advantage is created through supplier selection and management, contract negotiation, supply chain optimization and risk mitigation.
Strategic Sourcing Global Products -- Strategic Sourcing Global Products is responsible for managing a portfolio of Cardinal Brand products, raw materials, spend and suppliers. Development and execution of global sourcing strategies to achieve best total value, sustainable productivity and high levels of quality and service aligned with business objectives. Process development and management in coordination with cross-functional partners to effectively select suppliers, negotiate favorable contracts, and manage supplier performance and relationships. Understand portfolio risk profile and develop mitigation actions and plans.
- Global expertise in category including technical product knowledge, cost drivers, related industry dynamics and market trends.
- Strong project and process management in order to execute sourcing strategy with cross functional teams.
- Perform data analysis and utilize financial acumen to identify opportunities to leverage scale and drive cost savings.
- Establish collaborative environment with key suppliers and business partners to optimize supplier performance and innovation.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate effectively and interact with personnel at various levels of expertise on a global landscape.
- Expertise with contract requirements in order to negotiate critical terms and conditions in line with sourcing strategy.
- Familiarity with manufacturing, quality and supply chain processes to support supplier selection and performance management.
- Collaborate with and influence business partners in a highly matrixed environment to optimize key supplier performance and innovation.
Track/Level: M2 -- Tactical/operational management role
- Manages department operations and supervises professional employees, frontline supervisors and/or business support staff
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a short term impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with subordinates, peer customers and suppliers at various management levels; may interact with senior management
- Interactions normally involves resolution of issues related to operations and/or projects
- Gains consensus from various parties involved
Click here to see all level summaries.
- BA, BS, or equivalent experience in related field; Advanced degree may be required
- 5-7 yrs experience in related field