Correct Care Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Correct Care Solutions
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18-57414
Categories: Sports/Recreation/Fitness, Healthcare - Therapy/Rehab Services, Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES
Location: Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center, MA DOC, MA, Shirley
Facility: Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center, MA DOC
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Recruiter: Simone Sanders
Indeed Quick Apply (Yes/No): Yes
Our Activity Therapist provides individual and group activities that facilitate recovery.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in activity therapy, therapeutic recreation, or related field.
- Experience providing services to a mentally ill population preferred.
- None required.
- Provides a program of activities for patients to include, but not limited to the following:
- Skills Groups: Individual or group activities that promote the development of skills, promote the ability to interact in a group setting, and provide the patient with self-esteem through a sense of accomplishment.
- Socialization Groups: Opportunity to participate in group recreational activities to promote social skill.
- Community Meeting: To encourage patient participation and active involvement in group problem solving.
- Education/Recreational groups (e.g., "Life Skills", "Current Events", “Crafts”): Engagement in unstructured recreational activities (e.g., board games). Engagement of patient in conversation to promote interpersonal communication. Opportunity for individual and group physical exercise activities.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.
To apply directly to Correct Care Solutions, please click the link below. Another window will open and allow you to apply online.