City of Newton
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Development Services Assistant
at City of Newton
|Posted||December 13, 2019|
|Employment Type||Full-time, Non-exempt|
|Compensation||$41,592 - $44,125|
|Company||City of Newton|
|Location||1000 Commonwealth Ave, HR Dept., Room 210|
Newton, MA 02459
We place high value on diversity and on ensuring that City employees are representative of the multi-cultural community we serve, so we encourage you to continue with this applicant friendly, online job application!
The City of Newton is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
By continuing with this job application, you will be asked to answer job-specific questions. Please note that the questions contained in this job posting are our sole intellectual property.
Upon receipt of your responses, we will evaluate your submission. If selected for a personal interview, you will receive an email/text with scheduling instructions.
The Human Resources Department
The position will provide customer service support for the Inspectional Services Department (ISD) and process applications for a variety of development and related permits. This includes responding to inquiries via telephone, e-mail, and face-to-face requests from residents, contractors, public officials, and other City employees. The position will act as a liaison between the ISD and the community being a front-line responder; and other duties as may be assigned to this staff support team position as required.
- •Reviews all permit applications to ensure completeness and compliance with submittal requirements and issuance standards; researches and applies City codes and policies to procedures and fees to members of the public, contractors and other public or utility organizations; facilities appropriate referral of applications to staff members for review and processing.
- •Responds to inquiries via telephone, e-mail, and at the customer service counter. Works with residents, contractors, public officials or other departments to answer questions and resolve issues, applying technical knowledge of the zoning ordinance and ISD practices and processes. Makes inquiries/referrals to the Department personnel for additional assistance as may be necessary.
- •Maintain and update the Department’s database program, Community Plus or others as it is implemented, with permitting and project information based on applications submitted for ISD approval. This would also include scanning of documents and applications as needed. Work with the IT Department to resolve system database issues as needed.
- •Act as support staff to ISD personnel as needed.
- •Performs other duties as required
- •An associates degree and three to five years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of clerical practices, office procedures and the operation of office equipment such as personal computers and computer software, data processing and/or word processing
- •Ability to work effectively with diverse personalities under various levels of urgency. Adaptability and flexibility are essential. Excellent verbal communication skills. Tact and diplomacy are required at all times.
- •Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions.
- •Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions. Ability and determination to solve problems involving clearly prescribed standardized practices.
- Deferred 457 Plans (Optional)
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Insurance
- Metro Credit Union
- Tuition Reimbursement
- City Retirement (Mandatory)