City of Newton
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Newton
|Posted||December 08, 2019|
|Employment Type||Full-time, Exempt|
|Company||City of Newton|
|Location||1000 Commonwealth Ave, HR Dept., Room 210|
Newton, MA 02459
We place high value on diversity and on ensuring that City employees are representative of the multi-cultural community we serve, so we encourage you to continue with this applicant friendly, online job application!
The City of Newton is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
By continuing with this job application, you will be asked to answer job-specific questions. Please note that the questions contained in this job posting are our sole intellectual property.
Upon receipt of your responses, we will evaluate your submission. If selected for a personal interview, you will receive an email/text with scheduling instructions.
The Human Resources Department
Under the supervision of the Deputy Director, the Network Administrator with the assistance of other IT staff will provide support over the phone, via RDP, and in person to our approximately 500 end users. The systems will include Intel based computers, HP and Ricoh Printers, Mitel VoIP phones, smartphones and other devices as required.
The Network Administrator will be able to add new users to our active directory system, create groups, and help administer email and permission based network access.
The Network Administrator will be able to work with our Mitel VoIP system, to add, remove and modify users as well as perform advanced troubleshooting of phone connectivity.
The Network Administrator will have a solid working knowledge of current Microsoft Operating Systems and any version of Microsoft Office sold in the last 10 years.
The Network Administrator will act as a first line of defense in supporting laser printer support calls, assist in troubleshooting network connections, Hewlett Packard switch configuration, and assist and suggest process improvements after understanding certain tasks.
Plusses include familiarity with SMTP, VoIP, switch and router administration, wireless technology and support, content management, Microsoft certifications; experience with Cisco equipment would be very helpful. Familiarity with the location of city buildings is very helpful.
The Network Administrator is required to preserve the confidentiality of any information (including personal information kept on computer or other media) regarding City of Newton Operations, staff, or residents of the City.
A 4-year degree in computer science or related discipline is preferred.
- May be required to assist running wires, connecting fiber optic cable, assembling components and furniture in computer room.
- Equivalent to completion of two years of college-level coursework in computer science, information technology or a related field.
- Two years of general computer installation, maintenance and repair experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows and Office 365, SMTP, VoIP, switch and router administration, wireless technology and support, content management, Microsoft certifications and experience with Cisco equipment is preferred.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Masschusetts driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
- City Retirement (Mandatory)
- Deferred 457 Plans (Optional)
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Insurance
- Metro Credit Union
- Tuition Reimbursement