Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Payroll Accounting Administrator
at Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Please include the position title: (PC III - Lead Payroll Accounting Administrator) and posting number (FY20-006, 00008176) on your submission.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
* As the Lead Payroll Accounting Administrator, this position will oversee, coach, and direct activities of CTR Technical Team for Labor Cost Distribution, and the technical staff of Executive Office of Technology Services and Security (EOTSS) for Employee Maintenance, Paycheck details and Time and Labor COA elements. In addition, the incumbent will assign tasks to Payroll Team members for LCM tickets.
* Utilize ARAP (Accounts Receivable Accounts Payable) and HR/Payroll applications and enterprise wide systems to support the Teams operational needs.
* Ensure system fix-patches are tested and approved in a timely manner. Confirm the overall business needs of the Statewide Payroll Team are met with any system, scheduling or job process changes. Provide sound recommendations for change requests.
* Manage Payment Processing (Terminal Leave, Settlements & Judgments, etc.). Ensure charges are moved to the appropriate account in a timely manner and any issues are resolved with respective CTR teams.
* Provide operational statistics for CTR management to evaluate departmental performance, resource trends, and other various data for analysis including aging reports, appropriation balances and Commonwealth system and labor cost distribution.
* Apply knowledge of CTR Payroll policies and funding rules to ensure departmental spending is compliant.
* Assist departments with correcting any payroll funding availability issues prior to payroll processing. Ensure departmental communication is timely and informative. Troubleshoot departmental employee distribution and departments understanding of distribution documents.
* Create queries and other data analysis for Accounting and budgeting, plus forecasting run outs.
* Troubleshoot system errors and provide recommendations for new or enhanced business practices.
* Assist departments with any ad hoc processes to meet their needs or make recommendations on better business practices.
* Participate in annual fiscal year Closing and Opening processes in accordance with State Finance Law. Work with other Teams of the Office of the Comptroller to develop the annual activities needed to close and open every fiscal year; managing the significant interactions with all Commonwealth departments for proper coding, opening or final actions, of all Payroll related transactions.
* Actively assist Team Leadership with cross training, knowledge transfer, disaster recovery, risk assessment and internal control review.
* Maintain awareness for all staff of compliance with all CTR operating policies and procedures. Remain current with CTR policies and procedures, read CTR memos, updates, attend annual internal control, risk and fraud prevention trainings.
* All employees of CTR may be asked to engage in other assignments on an as needed basis.
Skill / Requirements
* Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
* The ability to problem solve and provide appropriate solutions
* The ability to interpret and analyze data
* The ability to make a reasoned judgment based on data
* Effective Time Management and organization skills
* Proven Customer Service/Client Focus skills
* Collaborative approach to work, process or issues
* Proven Leadership skills and qualities
* Thoroughness and attention to detail
* Positive and driven approach to the position
* Collaborative approach to projects and tasks
* Works independently as well as in a team setting
Interested candidates must submit the following by Deadline 11/08/2019 by E-mail only: a cover letter, resume, one writing sample, and a list of professional references: CTR-HR@Mass.gov
Required Background Check - Including Tax Compliance