Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Infusion Pharmacy Technician II - Chestnut Hill
at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Job ID
- full time
- Location : Address
- 300 Boylston St.
- Location : City
The Level II Hazardous Compounding Infusion Pharmacy Technician is responsible for providing technical support to pharmacy operations under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist. The Level II technician will staff in all pharmacy locations areas as required, and has additional leadership responsibilities as well. The technician’s duties include, but are not limited to: compounding hazardous and non-hazardous medications, compounding pharmaceutical products, inventory management, medication tracking, compliance with regulatory standards, utilizing the various equipment and technology available in the pharmacy, and performing various quality control tasks as assigned. The Level II pharmacy technician is responsible for leading the training and orientation processes of new pharmacy employees in any pharmacy workspace as assigned. In addition to basic pharmacy responsibilities, the Level II pharmacy technician is also tasked with regulatory and compliance tasks, as well as mentoring responsibilities for lower level technicians and interns.
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
- Prepare and compound hazardous and non-hazardous medications
- Perform daily inventory management of medications and supplies
- Use all technology required to perform daily tasks
- Participate in training and orientation of pharmacy technicians
- Participate in various quality control tasks
- Participate in miscellaneous tasks and special projects
Additional duties at the satellite locations, including but not limited to:
- Receiving and ordering of medications
- Daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning of the pharmacy workspaces
- Restock nursing stations
- Assist with investigational protocol audits
- High school graduate or currently enrolled in an accredited entry-level degree program for pharmacy or a related field.
- Massachusetts Board of Pharmacy Registration as a Pharmacy Technician.
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCB) must be current.
- At least two years of pharmacy technician experience, with at least one year of experience in an inpatient or oncology compounding pharmacy.
- Previous experience with sterile compounding is required.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.