Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager Pharmacy Infusion Services - Chestnut Hill
at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Job ID
- full time
- Location : Address
- 300 Boylston St.
- Location : City
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
The Manager Infusion Pharmacy Services oversees the daily pharmacy operations of the Chestnut Hill, MA infusion clinic to ensure high-quality patient care is provided in compliance with regulations, hospital policies and practices. The manager coordinates and administers quality assurance/quality control initiatives. The manager is responsible for hiring new staff, orientation and training. The manager interfaces with the multidisciplinary team on pharmacy initiatives, projects and to ensure efficient clinic operations.
- Oversees the schedule for Pharmacy coverage for the infusion area. Tracks vacation requests and approves based on staff availability. Arranges coverage when employees call in with unexpected absences. Approves weekly payroll.
- Assesses daily infusion volume to ensure adequate pharmacy coverage.
- Leads the development and implementation of pharmacy infusion performance improvement activities.
- Verifies that quality controls are being completed daily; identifies gaps and takes corrective action to remedy.
- Regularly meets with Nurse Managers to review issues as they arise on the infusion unit. Participates on Pharmacy/Nurse committee that addresses and resolves patient care concerns.
- Develops and implements efficient workflows within the pharmacy; works in conjunction with physicians or nurses when a new medication or procedure change is introduces.
- Stays current with trends and developments in pharmacy practice.
- Coordinates the training of new staff.
- Other duties as assigned, including attending meetings and participating in Institute wide committees representing Pharmacy.
- Performs duties of the Infusion Pharmacist as needed to provide coverage for illness, meetings, staff vacations and during periods of peak volume.
- A Bachelor's Degree or Doctorate in Pharmacy from an accredited college of Pharmacy is required along with 7 -10 years of hospital pharmacy experience, 4 years of oncology pharmacy experience, and 3 years in a supervisory role.
- Must be licensed to practice pharmacy in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Must be Board Certified in Oncology Pharmacy (BCOP) or related certification, an advanced degree related to a specialty practice area is preferred..
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.