Delta T Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Special Education Teacher
at Delta T Group
Kaleidoscope Education Solutions is looking for Special Education Teachers in Elementary Education (K-12) with Special Needs in the Boston, MA area.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
In this role you will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a developmentally appropriate classroom, promoting emotional and social growth for students with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
* Plan and implement a program of study that meets the individual needs, abilities, and interests of all students assigned to the class.
* Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of the student.
* Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals
* Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects and the like, to communicate these objectives to students.
* Strive to implement by instruction and action the District's philosophy of education and instructional materials.
* Assist in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
* Establish and maintain cooperative relations with others.
* Perform such tasks and assume such responsibilities as directed by the Principal.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Minimum of a Bachelor's degree with a record of personal, professional, and/or academic achievement
* Teacher certification - completed or in process
* Demonstrated expertise in subject area
* Commitment to, and experience working with underserved communities (preferred)
* Determination to drive student achievement and set high expectations for all students
* The ability to motivate, support, and challenge students in a student-centered, standards-driven classroom community
* A positive mindset and a drive for personal excellence
* Solutions-oriented resiliency to respond positively and effectively to challenges
* Outstanding instructional skills driven by data and delivered through rigorous and engaging strategies
* Compensated on a weekly basis
* Flexible schedules and time off as needed
* Professional growth and stability
* Immediate placement after all job requirements are met
Kaleidoscope Education Solutions (KES) is a leading referral agency of special education professionals and school-based therapy providers. We currently refer professionals to approximately 700 school districts and agencies, and we consult with thousands of educational professionals and facilities nationwide. The professionals we refer consistently enhance and improve delivery of special education and therapy services, and provide dynamic results for the students and school districts.