Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Analyst, Financial Analysis
at EMC Corporation
D01223 Sr Analyst, Financial Analysis
Prepares orders, revenue, and gross margin forecasts, reporting, and ad hoc analyses for the Hyperconverged business unit. The candidate will be expected to bring outside perspective to continue evolution of methodologies and cadence. Candidate will be expected to review results on an ongoing basis to develop a working knowledge of unique dynamics in the BU’s top line and gross margin. The ideal candidate will embrace data analysis and scenario analysis in order to bring to light root causes explaining business performance. Producing value additive guidance and input that can help BU performance will be a priority.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and analyze bookings, shipment, and gross margin results on an ongoing basis.
- Participates in forecast and other planning cycles.
- Produce detailed quarter end analysis of business performance.
- Works on projects that address business needs and improves processes.
- Reviews actual results vs. forecast and investigates material variances.
- Make recommendations to the business to improve performance.
- Perform ad hoc requests for analysis of financial data.
- Strong computer skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Sense of urgency.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Attention to accuracy.
- Financial and analytical experience.
- Ability to develop processes and cadence.
- Desire to research and drill into complex data to develop explanations and recommendations.
Sr Analyst, Financial Analysis
100 - EMC CORPORATE
Finance & Accounting
US - Massachusetts - Marlborough
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.