Emerson Electric Co.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Navy Mechanical Engineer (Contract Worker for Project)
at Emerson Electric Co.
- Review and clarify government order requirements.
- Prepare procedures (assembly, test, cleaning, etc.) for products and materials. Propose techniques that will accomplish test objectives.
- Work with designers and draftspersons to ensure that manufacturing drawings are adequate.
- Review and update customer master drawings and company piece part drawings including experience with geometric tolerancing
- Final review and approval of shock and vibration testing reports.
- Complete and provide submittal drawings and other project documentation such as quality inspection and test plans, production plans, test procedures, etc.
- Review bid packages, complete product selection.
- Ensure that all order/project requirements are met by interfacing with other departments including Engineering, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Contract, Planning, Purchasing and Machine Shop/ Valve Assembly.
- Utilize problems solving, root cause analysis, and other continuous improvement skills to develop process improvements within the Navy Value Stream to improve customer satisfaction
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Preferred candidate will have related experience such as technical knowledge of pressure relief valves, quarter turn valves and valve actuation and controls, shipyard, US Navy experience and/or government contract experience, and project management experience of engineered products preferably with government supply vendor.
- Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Suite.
- Above average oral and written communications, as well as interpersonal skills.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you'll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we're changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.