Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Software Engineer in Test (SDET)
- Career ID
- Career Category
The Sr. Software Engineer in Test position will help add valuable hands-on functional automation testing skill set to our Boston based product team at Evicore Healthcare in a rapidly growing healthcare product suite. The Sr. Software Engineer in Test contributes to the quality assurance activities to support an agile team. This position is responsible for developing functional test plans based on requirements, user stories with sound testing methodologies, testing efficiently using automation and exploratory testing in an agile sprint cycle. Responsible for developing and executing both manual and automated tests suites. Expertise in hands-on coding for automation testing is critical.
Tests new and existing features for every agile sprint cycle. Stays on top of functional automation for the team, keeping it up to date. Constantly thinks about new, efficient ways to add value to the SDLC process. Has knowledge of working in CI/CD environment. Documents and reports issues discovered during testing and follow up for resolution, utilizing JIRA for defect logging.
Proactively identifies and diagnoses performance and slowness issues. Performs root cause analysis when issues are found. Participates in requirements reviews, design reviews and change control activities and presents the strategy for testing with product management, engineering, and other quality assurance members. Acts as a liaison between on and off-shore teams.
Learns and adds to the QA processes for continuous improvement and efficiency. Works closely with other Devs on the team doing peer programing and code reviews. Works closely with Customer Care and customers to clearly define and validate issues, assist with defect correction priorities and validation of software corrections. Collaborates with the documentation and training staff to create value focused documentation, release notes and training materials.
Minimum Experience Required
- 8+ years’ experience in Software Testing.
- 8+ years’ experience testing multi-tiered applications developed using Java/J2EE related technologies.
- 2 years’ experience with SQL, including ability to write, execute and analyze SQL queries.
- 8 years’ experience with scripting /programming languages/automation to be able to convert existing manual test cases into automated test suites.
- 5 years’ experience with Load Testing and performance testing.
- 2 years’ experience working in a Linux/Unix environment. Experience working with and handling offshore and onshore team.
- Experience in software engineering and/or build/release management with knowledge of all phases of the software development life cycle in an agile environment.
- Ability to develop, implement, and manage frequent software releases on multiple platforms. one of the following - Jenkins/Selenium/Java/Cucumber required
- Demonstrated competency working within RestAssured framework for API testing, Jmeter and ZAP
- Experience with cloud with Azure using GItlab Azure DevOps and kubernetes for CI/CD
- Ability to work independently with general direction setting
- Demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple demands and short deadlines; experience in resolving conflicts and dealing with shifting priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with testing in CI/CD environment
- Sound agile methodology concepts.
- Experience with efficient testing in 2 week agile cycle
- Knowledge of risk based testing, BDD testing experience is a plus
- Experience deploying and testing docker containers would be nice
Our Company and What We Offer
eviCore healthcare is committed to making a positive impact on healthcare, and also making a positive impact on our employees. eviCore offers a variety of perks and benefits including, but not limited to:
- Flexible scheduling and work/life balance with remote and work from home opportunities
- 3 weeks of PTO(starting) per year plus paid holidays
- Education assistance, tuition reimbursement and professional certifications
- Health, dental, vision, and life benefits with employer funded HSA
- Comprehensive employee discount program, and smart casual dress code
- Paid Volunteer Community Service Days
- Ample opportunities for growth, advancement, and promotion
- 401k retirement plan with company match of 50% employee contributions up to 6%