Forrester Research, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Account Manager
at Forrester Research, Inc.
Fuel your intellectual curiosity and professional growth. Forrester is an idea company, where smart, motivated, curious people bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on ideas that change the course of business. Most of all, bring a point of view; here, every voice has value. At Forrester, you’ll work with innovative clients at emerging and established brands; these are the business and technology leaders we inspire and who inspire us. The Forrester experience is built on a singular, powerful purpose: to challenge thinking and lead change.
About This Role:
As a Senior Account Manager (SAM), you will aggressively pursue growth opportunities within a portfolio of Forrester’s largest accounts. By capitalizing on changing markets and digital disruption, you will support clients in implementing business transformations and customer-obsessed strategies that will drive client growth in the “age of the customer.” As a trusted advisor across business and technology C-suite leaders, you will build long-term relationships with leaders who drive and influence the growth of their business. By creating and orchestrating global account strategies, you will anticipate your clients’ needs, understand what drives their success, challenge them to think differently, and provide highly valued business insight to enable your clients to win, serve, and retain customers.
- Identifies key business leaders and builds and maintains long-term relationships with VP- and C-suite-level influencers and buyers.
- Proactively pursues business development opportunities with prospective and existing premier clients to meet renewal and enrichment goals.
- Leads the development of a strategy and plan for the growth of premier accounts by maximizing efficiencies and identifying potential opportunities where Forrester can add significant value.
- Builds credibility through an in-depth understanding of a premier client’s business, organization, external environment, and industry.
- Drives collaboration with premier account teams throughout the life cycle of client engagements for the greater good of the accounts.
- Works with premier clients as a trusted advisor to solve problems and challenge their thinking, to support them in driving growth.
- Meets overall renewal and enrichment goals for the premier accounts assigned to them.
- Maintains full fluency in Forrester’s products and services and how they are sold to deliver value in the marketplace.
- Demonstrated abilities to strategically sell to and build relationships with senior-level executives at the VP level and above, minimally CMOs, CIOs, CTOs, and CDOs.
- A proven track record of achievement in a role with business development and account targets (five to eight years of sales experience in addition to eight-plus years of professional experience).
- Successful selling of multiple intangible products, ideas, and solutions (e.g., consulting and research) to Fortune 1000 companies.
- A proven history of strategic account planning and management and growing key accounts.
- Experience with procurement and managing complex buying processes to be able to guide and advise clients.
- Relevant, transferable industry experience, e.g., consulting, professional services, financial services, retail, healthcare, and media (less critical).
- Exposure to marketing and technology functions and digital as drivers of change within organizations (less critical).
- Strong presentation and meeting facilitation skills.
- The ability to travel frequently to attend in-person client meetings.
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.