Graphic Packaging International Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Finishing Gluer Operator
at Graphic Packaging International Inc.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Observes company safety rules and complies with safety practices.
- Ensures that product quality, production efficiencies, and scrap rates meet or exceed established standards. Actively supports and uses quality control procedures (including SAP) that are in place.
- Operates assigned equipment in a safe and efficient manner and is responsible for shift production.
- Directs activities of team operating assigned equipment.
- Has good working knowledge of computer-controlled equipment.
- Identifies and resolves process and equipment problems, while continually striving to develop and implement improvements.
- Notifies management of potential problems and offers solutions to same.
- Prepares accurate production, inventory, and material usage reports.
- Performs and directs make-ready on assigned equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance as required.
- Displays work habits that set example for peers.
- Trains new employees in proper operating procedure.
- Performs general housekeeping functions in assigned areas.
- Responsible for compliance with all facility food safety, food defense, and quality policies and procedures including product safety (GMPs)/Sanitation policies and procedures. Employee must continually work to promote the orderliness and cleanliness of their work area in support of AIB/5S and other company standards.
- Must be supportive of GPI’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values (Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships, and Teamwork).
- Must be supportive and involved in GPI efforts for LEAN, 5S, Six Sigma and other Continuous Improvement programs and processes.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Strives to clearly understand customer requirements and delivers results to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Ability and responsibility to stop any process that is not meeting safety requirements.
- Ability and responsibility to stop any process that is not meeting customer quality requirements.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.
Job Requirements/ Qualifications:
- 3 years direct Folding Carton Gluer Operator experience or 3-5 years’ experience with the equipment as a Production Assistant within a folding carton plant
- Strong mechanical aptitude/skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to understand technical written and verbal instructions
- Strong computer and math skills required
- Ability to accurately distinguish color variation
- Must be able to work other shifts if needed and perform overtime work as required.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Frequent lifting (up to 75 pounds), bending and turning
- Prior folding carton experience preferred
- Proficiency in machine plant operation through continuous training and development
- Candidates with/possessing Iowa’s National Career Readiness Certificates or folding carton experience preferred.
- High School Diploma/Equivalent required.