Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior .NET API Developer
at Homesite Insurance
Founded in 1997, Homesite Insurance was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
As we continue to grow, our insurance offerings continue to expand. Today, Homesite offers insurance coverage for Home, Renters, Condo, Small Business, Auto, Term Life and Flood.
- Create technical design specifications and documentation for business requirements.
- Work with Scrum Team to plan system releases and Sprints/Iterations.
- Design, develop, and deploy complex application components.
- Communicate development status and escalate issues to management.
- Research alternative technologies, processes, best practices, and development methodologies to foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- 8+ years of experience in software design and development with strong fundamental knowledge of SDLCs such as Agile, Scrum, Kanban, or Waterfall.
- Participates in the defining of and adherence to best practice development coding standards.
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) and organizational skills.
- Strong hands-on experience developing web services (SOAP and REST) in a cloud computing environment such as AWS or Azure.
- Database programming experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with high traffic, high volume web applications in a web farm a strong plus.
- Strong knowledge of design patterns and best practice software design.
- Ability to write object-oriented, self-documenting, maintainable code.
- Relevant experience and passion writing solid unit test cases.
- Superior troubleshooting and problem solving abilities.
- Proven ability to deliver quality results on time with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and switch context quickly and seamlessly.
Level of Education Required:
Bachelor of Science or equivalent experience in a technical area, preferably computer science or engineering.
Cloud API development certifications or training, a plus.