Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Homesite Insurance
Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
Homesite is always seeking new Software Engineers to work closely with various IT Teams, with a focus on supporting services, supporting business logic for our front end applications and supporting internal systems. As a member of IT Development Team, this person will primarily be designing and developing services that support our ecosystem of homeowner’s products. The ideal candidate has a strong programming experience and has worked with modern technology stack including micro-services architecture and test-driven development methodologies in a fast-paced agile environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Support and update existing internal applications and services.
* Collaborate in our Agile/Scrum software development process.
* Work with product stakeholders to establish software requirements.
* Work with platform & system architects on software and system optimizations & enhancements to create elegant designs.
* Work with other software leads on developing and improving software development methodologies and processes.
* Focus on design patterns, test driven development, enforce code quality and standards, and document APIs.
* Lead & guide the fellow developers on the team through technical skill development and knowledge sharing.
* Align technical solutions with business and IT strategic visions while complying with the organization's architectural standards.
* Collaborate with Project Managers, business and technical analysts, developers, QA, and other IT team members to understand business & technical requirements that drive the analysis, design, and creation of quality technical solutions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
* A firm knowledge of Java and related tools such as Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Maven
* A firm knowledge of C# and .Net Framework.
* Hands on experience using and developing REST APIs using micro services architecture
* Working knowledge of distributed enterprise architecture.
* Strong understanding of Git, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, Swagger (API documentation).
* Working knowledge of relational databases such as MS SQL Server, MySQL and Aurora
* Working knowledge of Agile / Scrum methodology.
* Ability to visualize, articulate, and solve problems to make informed decisions as well as organize and analyze a solution as part of a whole and its individual components.
* Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral communications.
* Respond well to change; handle multiple demands / priorities effectively; adapt to best fit with situation at hand; handle conflict effectively; willing to accept new responsibilities; take initiative and be accountable.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology/Systems, related field, or equivalent experience.
* 4 + years of relevant experience around design and development of distributed enterprise applications.
OTHER JOB EXPERIENCES DESIRED:
* Insurance industry experience a plus, but not required.
* Experience with cloud computing APIs (Amazon Web Services preferred).
* Experience with cloud computing services (Amazon Web Services like Lambda, S3, CloudWatch, ECS, and RDS preferred)
* Interest in emerging platform-as-a-service / distributed application frameworks such as ECS, Spring, ElasticBeanstalk and Docker.
* Prior experience of Microsoft Stack of technologies.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Homesite is an insurance company that's big on technology. Finding faster and smarter methods of improving how people buy insurance is our jam. Our crew is made up of talented and passionate professionals who aren't afraid to push the envelope. When you work at Homesite, you'll have the opportunity to pursue your creative ideas in an environment that welcomes them.
Join our team as we shake up the world of insurance!