IMI Precision Engineering
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Shipping & Receiving
at IMI Precision Engineering
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- IMI Precision Engineering
About Bimba Manufacturing Company:
Bimba, part of IMI Precision Engineering, is a forward-thinking innovator providing industry-leading pneumatic, hydraulic and electric motion solutions that are easy to use, reliable and ready for all engineering solutions. We are a world leader in motion and fluid control technologies. Wherever precision, speed and engineering reliability are essential, we deliver exceptional solutions which improve the productivity and efficiency of our customers’ equipment. As a business we aim to understand our customers’ challenges. We then connect our products, people and expertise in order to deliver exceptional service and solutions. We call this Engineering GREAT, and we deliver it to customers through a world-class portfolio of high performance products, through close partnerships and problem-solving, and through a global network of support which ensures reliable local delivery, all over the world.
Primary responsibilities are to perform tasks associated with material movements and packaging within the organization. This will include shipping/ receiving and all aspects of preparing product for its final destination.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure small parcel, air shipment, or ground carrier requirements are met, allowing for timely delivery of domestic customer orders.
- Assure the most efficient and cost effective means of shipments are utilized to minimize freight expenses for the customer.
- Follows all safety guidelines including utilization of proper PPE.
- Demonstrates positive relations and teamwork as established in the IMI Way and Leadership Blueprint within the organization.
- Keeps work area clean and organized to insure safety and environmental compliance.
- Models positive relations and teamwork within the organization.
- Ensure accurate weights for shipments are identified to prevent possible delays of customer orders.
- Ensure proper packaging material and adequate carton sealing is maintained to minimize damage to customer parts or products.
- Performs “kitting” , picking and packaging processes as required.
- Verify correctness of shipments against bills of lading, invoices etc.
- Properly process goods and materials received according to company requirements
- Route/ assign goods and materials to proper departments/locations
- Prioritize workloads to insure timely delivery of customer orders, while maximizing productivity.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school Diploma.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- 2+ year of previous shipping experience in manufacturing setting