Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at infoGROUP, inc
Infogroup is looking for top talent to join our fast-paced and innovative team. We are seeking a Database Administrator to join our Burlington, MA office. This position is responsible for Oracle database performance, integrity, security, and upgrades. This position is also responsible for user and product support, user access and security and overall administration of each database.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Overall management of large Oracle databases (~50TB) supporting Marketing Database development and related Marketing campaigns, utilizing IBM's Unica Campaign tool.
2. Management of Corporate E-Business Suite (Financials) as well as databases supporting Oracle Identity Management, Hyperion, and SOA Suite.
3. Refining of physical design to meet product performance SLAs and disk storage requirements. Focus on expert understanding of interaction between databases with very high I/O demands, and the associated SAN storage.
5. Tuning the database environment to ensure optimal performance and resource utilization.
6. Installing, configuring, and upgrading databases in both standalone and RAC environment in Linux platform.
7. Planning and implementing effective backup/recovery and business continuity strategies.
8. Ensuring database integrity and security. Controlling access permissions and privileges for external and internal users.
9. Fully utilizing Oracle Cloud Control for monitoring, alerting, and performance troubleshooting.
10. Provide 24 x 7 on call support as part of a scheduled rotation with other team members.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
1. Experience maintaining and optimizing very large Oracle data warehouse over 50 TB in size
2. Ability to troubleshoot and resolve server and database resource utilization issues that impact CPU, Memory, I/O, and disk space. Must be able to deep dive into application code with developers to identify issues with database queries and logic.
3. Must possess deep understanding of various Wait Events for query performance tuning and very good understanding of SAN storage and Disk IO demands
4. Programming experience in SQL/PLSQL and/or Linux shell scripting and ability to automate repetitive tasks.
5. Backup and Recovery using Recovery Manager (RMAN) and export/import data pump.
6. Ability to manage Oracle E-Business Suite and/or SQLServer and MySQL databases is a major plus
8. Experience with Cognos reporting and Unica campaign management is a plus
7. Experience with Oracle Cloud Control and configuration of monitoring and alerting is a plus
9. Practical experience with Oracle Resource Management is a plus
10. Good familiarity with Oracle licensing is a plus.
11. Must be team focused with outstanding customer service skills.
Education, Experience, and Certification:
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required.*
2. 5 to 7 years' previous relevant Oracle database administration experience is required.*
3. 3 to 5 years' previous experience managing multi-TB databases is preferred.
3. Oracle certification is preferred.
We're revolutionizing the way companies connect with their customers and grow their businesses. Find out how you can join the movement at www.infogroup.com/about-infogroup/careers-at-infogroup. Please reference requisition number BURL4213.
Infogroup is the leading provider of innovative business data, and marketing solutions that are proven to increase customer acquisition and retention. Our mission is to use a combination of our client's data and our business and consumer data and really smart people to deliver the right communication to the right audience at the right time -- for Infogroup, that's real-time. For more information, please visit www.infogroup.com.
At Infogroup, our employees are directly responsible for our success. We strongly believe in rewarding employees for their initiative, teamwork and leadership. Every day, we expect our employees to ask questions, demand better solutions and challenge one another to succeed. We are constantly looking for candidates who are not only qualified and knowledgeable, but also have the drive to grow professionally. We hire dynamic individuals in variety of fields such as information technology, account management and client services, sales, marketing, administration and human resources.
Affirmative Action/EEO Policy
At Infogroup, we are committed to attracting, retaining and engaging employees from all walks of life. Diversity is an important part of our values and business operations. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment that promotes professional development for everyone. As part of that commitment, Infogroup does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, status as a disabled veteran and/or Veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. In addition, Infogroup will provide reasonable accommodation for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.