Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
MaidPro is a Boston-based franchisor of residential cleaning services with over 275 offices throughout the United States and Canada. The company, which began franchising in 1997, takes pride in its strong owner community, technology, and creative marketing. Forbes has ranked MaidPro a Top 10 Franchise to Buy three years straight. The Boston Business Journal has ranked MaidPro one of Boston’s Best Places to Work every year for over a decade.
We hire people who are natural learners, passionate about their careers and love to see the results of their work help businesses grow! We provide a fun place to work where people are nice, individuality is respected, learning is continuous, and your cutting edge ideas are welcomed. We have an on-site wellness program which includes group and personal fitness training, yoga, nutrition and meditation.
Our headquarters is located in Boston, right next to the TD Garden, steps away from the North Station Commuter Rail and orange and green line stops.
MaidPro is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Software Quality Assurance Engineer with a passion for quality, testing, and user experience. The SQA Engineer has the opportunity to make a huge impact on the franchisee community by ensuring the quality of MaidPro’s proprietary Salesforce Cloud applications, and related technologies. We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-starter to join a small Engineering & QA team as we expand our technology platforms and strive to build scalable processes.
------------------------This role is located in Boston, MA. Local candidates, only. -------------------
- Develop comprehensive test strategies / plans, and test cases for features within an agile development environment
- Execute against test plans to ensure overall quality of software product releases
- Collaborate to improve standards and procedures for measuring product quality and release readiness; Define quality assurance processes and methodologies
- Perform troubleshooting activities, and clearly document / track defects in defect tracking system (JIRA); Report status regularly
- Work directly with product management to understand business requirements and business operating processes / procedures
- Assist business stakeholders in translating business requirements / defining user stories, where necessary
- Coordinate QA test efforts across multiple disciplines
- Provide training / mentoring of QA best practices to other members of the team and departments, where necessary
- Collect & analyze feedback from user community, working closing with product management function to validate feature / functionality
- 4+ years of QA experience with SaaS/web application testing
- 2+ years working in an agile development environment; working knowledge of other SDLC Methodologies.
- Hands-on development of automated test cases; experience with one or more automation tools
- Demonstrated experience designing and executing comprehensive test plans & detailed test cases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented, impeccable problem solving skills
- Experience working with closely with developers and designers, both onsite & remote
- Familiarity with JIRA or similar bug tracking software
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (or a combination of education and experience)
- Hands on development of automation frameworks; participation in tool selection
- Salesforce Development environment
- Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
- Experience testing Mobile applications
- Start-up / small company experience
- Project Management