Massachusetts General Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Staff Nurse - 20 hours per week
at Massachusetts General Hospital
- Provides competent, compassionate patient-and-family-centered evidence –based nursing care utilizing the nursing process and interdisciplinary teamwork, and collaboration.
- Utilizing their assessment, critical reasoning and astute clinical judgment, the nurse expedites appropriate care and treatment of the patient
- Integrates knowledge of each patient's history and unique circumstances with their knowledge of chronic disease management to provide longitudinal care to a panel of patients.
- Documents, in a timely manner, nursing assessment, interventions, plan and outcome in the patient record.
- Creates a therapeutic relationship with patient and family.
- Utilizing a variety of telecommunications technologies, the nurse assesses, triages, provides nursing consultation, and performs follow-up and surveillance of patient status and outcomes
- Provides health education to facilitate patient treatment plan.
- Actively empowers patient and family to effectively manage their health care and navigate the health care system.
- Respects and supports patient and family's cultural beliefs and values, individual needs, health goals and treatment preferences.
- Collaborates with all members of the health care team to ensure coordination of care.
- Reviews and follow-ups with patients, and members of the health care team, that patients are current with all necessary tests , screenings and follow-up care.
- Tracks and follows-up with care team and patient on all critical referrals and test results.
- In collaboration with the health care team, evaluates effectiveness of care and interventions for assigned group of patients.
- Communicates with members of the health care team−in-patient and/or in the community− to ensure continuity in care transitions.
- Actively engaged in creating a healthy, respectful work environment.
- Provides leadership in the practice to ensure safe, efficient and cost effective care.
- Identifies opportunities, and solutions, to ensure a safe, efficient and cost effective practice environment.
- Demonstrates compliance with regulatory requirements
- Participates in quality and safety initiatives
- Generates innovative ideas to improve care delivery and work flow in the practice environment.
- Precepts and mentors new members of the team.
- Participates in departmental and organizational committees and initiatives.
- Interprets hospital and departmental policies and procedures to nurses and other members of the health care team.
- Professional Development
- Maintains and updates clinical knowledge and skills based on current nursing practice.
- Adheres to departmental requirements for required training.
- Identifies specific learning needs and goals and collaborates with nursing leadership in developing a plan to meet them.
Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred ; new graduates must have a BSN degree
Computer literacy in Word, Power Point, and Excel preferred
Proficiency in wound care, venopuncture, IV therapy skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.