Massachusetts General Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Unit Service Associate/Housekeeping (24 hours)
at Massachusetts General Hospital
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3066623
Responsible for a variety of tasks to maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of assigned unit and to support fellow USAs in doing so. Other responsibilities may include but are not limited to: coaching and mentoring fellow USAs, assisting to facilitate patient throughput, supporting hospital strategic initiatives, providing customer service, and daily maintenance of unit supplies and equipment.
Maintains a clean and orderly appearance of unit, as assigned. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to: cleaning unit-based equipment, furniture, floors, walls, bathrooms, med rooms/alcoves, nourishment stations, utility rooms, sleep rooms, conference rooms, staff and visitor lounges; replacing cubicle curtains, emptying linen hampers, defrosting refrigerators, preparing and disposing of hazardous waste boxes.
- Manages discharge cleaning of patient rooms as assigned.
- Manages daily cleaning of occupied patient rooms as assigned.
- In addition to patient rooms, manages cleanliness of all ancillary spaces on the unit, including but not limited to items listed in section 1.
- Enhances the patient experience through excellent customer service.
- Manages supply inventory on unit as assigned, which can include bedside medical supplies, linen, and personal toiletries.
- Transports supplies, equipment, beds, specimens, patient valuables, carts, patients. Performs other errands as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In collaboration with manager, identifies and meets learning needs.
- Completes annual retraining requirements and remains compliant with annual screenings and vaccinations
- Participates and remains active in hospital communications, e.g. email, pagers, learning assignments, paper alerts, and schedules.
- Assesses patient rooms for readiness for admission, e.g. equipment, damage, deferred maintenance.
- Welcomes and supports coworkers who are new to the unit.
- Supports and participates in strategic initiatives of the department and hospital.
- Maintains professional appearance while wearing hospital-issued uniform.
Ability to read, speak and follow oral and written instructions in English.
Good communication and conflict resolution skills.
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Basic computer skills.
Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
Ability to push, pull and move items weighing up to 75 pounds.
Ability to lift items weighing approximately 30 pounds.
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.