Metro Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Manager Recovery
at Metro Credit Union
Chelsea - Main Office
Collections and Recovery
# of Openings:
The Assistant Manager of Recovery is responsible for managing the day to day functions of collecting charged off dollars, liquidation of repossessed collateral, bankrupt accounts and small claims.
2. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the charged off loan portfolio, ensuring efforts are focused on accounts with attachments and judgments.
- Review new charge offs each month, approve accounts for litigations, pursuing property attachments when possible.
- Identify new methods/tools to assist with the collection of charged off dollars.
- Oversee the liquidation of repossessed collateral approving repair orders and sales.
- Monitor the Small Claims process ensuring accounts are flowing through the system timely.
- Recommend Recovery Loans for approval that meet the established guidelines.
- Ensure that Metro Credit Union is in compliance with federal and state regulations as relates to all aspects of the Recovery Department.
- Review Policy’s and SOP’s on an annual basis for necessary revisions.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent and 5 to 7 years of collection experience required.
- 3 to 5 years of collections supervisory/management experience preferred.
- Credit Union or Banking experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Strong verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of regulations as they relate to collections.
- The ability to work under pressure while multi-tasking.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.