Nestlé and Starbucks are bringing together the world's most iconic coffee brands. Starbucks' robust product portfolio celebrates coffee with rich tradition – customer experience is paramount. Coupled with Nestlé's mission to enhance the quality of consumers' lives and contributing to a healthier future, this strategic alliance will create career opportunities that will drive innovation and go-to-market strategies, bringing the best coffee to customers around the world.
It has never been a more exciting time to join (Nestlé Starbucks).
This position contributes to Nestle Starbucks Coffee's success by ensuring that we win through superior retail presence. Retail Operations Manager (ROM) works with Customer Business Development teams to ensure the right tools, resources and solutions are deployed at the right time to deliver net revenue and share goals through best-in-class execution. ROM will achieve results by selling customers on the compelling need to stay in stock, ensure in-store conditions reflect HQ plans, develop improved processes that accelerate retail results and drive down costs (Nestle and Customer). They also deliver retail insights and innovation to both Nestle teams and Retailers in pursuit of superior retail presence.
Models and acts in accordance with Nestlé's guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Joint Business Planning
? Leads Team and Customer in creating a vision of retail excellence and strategies necessary to deliver that vision (CBA's, information technology, people, processes)
? Creates, leads and sells Annual Retail Plan that delivers brand expectations in store
? Tracks and adjusts plan with actionable data to ensure deliverables are met
? Works closely with Team Leader to integrate solutions end-to-end
? Develops strong working relationships with Customer Sr Management. Seen as expert on Customer's retail business model and associated processes
? Sells and executes joint business plan to Customer that delivers in stock and compliance on Starbucks brands and events
? Delivers retailing innovation to the Customer that accelerates Starbucks results
Customer Process Improvement
? Sells and executes customer process improvements in scalable areas that benefit Starbucks
? Works closely with Acosta Planners to transform annual plan into tactical coverage where applicable; enables Acosta to execute coverage to support the team annual plan into retail coverage priorities
? Evaluates coverage results ongoing and provides direction to adjust/improve
? Ensures Starbucks in-aisle and stand-alone fixtures are maintained to highest expectations
? Works to reallocate Starbucks funds from low to high payout activities
? Trains peers and Team Leaders on best ways to systematically improve execution at designated retailer(s)
? Leverages cross-functional resources to achieve aligned goals
Basic Qualifications - Bachelor's degree required
- 5 years of experience working in CPG account sales or broker management
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities within CPG retailer stores
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and achieve solutions through both oral and written communications with the designated CPG retailer.
- Lead discussions and communications with Starbucks Customer Business Development as to the results obtained against specific, measurable activities at various CPG retailers.
- Review and evaluate performance of Acosta against established objectives. Identify variances and improve execution to achieve sales goals
- Demonstrated achievement of results with designated customers across the U.S.
- Ability to travel outside market up to 50% of time