Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EDM Machinist - Monday - Thursday, 5:00pm - 3:00am
at Paradigm Precision
Job Reference #: 2942
|Title:||EDM Machinist - Monday - Thursday, 5:00pm - 3:00am|
Paradigm Precision specializes in producing complex and precision machined components for gas turbine engines. We serve customers around the world in commercial and military aviation, power generation, the marine industry, rotary wing and unmanned aerial vehicles. We are recognized for quality products and we're committed to employee safety. Our growth is continuing to create new opportunities! Our second shift is increasing by 50%! Several positions are available for the right individuals to join our growing team.
Great People. Since our inception, Paradigm Precision's success has been due to the skills and commitment of talented, committed people. We're seeking the best talent to build for the future. We are looking for individuals who love the work they do. We strive to make our workplace one in which individuals feel challenged, fulfilled and able to reach their full potential.
EDM Machinist -
Here at Paradigm Precision, you'll be a member of our team, contributing to serving customers who are leaders in their industries, such as GE Aerospace and Rolls Royce. You'll apply your experience and skills working with challenging materials such as inconel, stainless steel and titanium, meeting tight GDT specifications.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Supervisor, the Machinist is responsible for operating EDM machines for production of aerospace components to blueprint specifications as well as performing required machine and operation set-ups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate assigned EDM machine(s)
- Perform routine maintenance on assigned machines as required
- Review and follow all documentation relating to the quality system
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working environment, with continual emphasis on promoting employee health and safety and using proper safety techniques
- Work to close tolerances on machined parts
- Perform visual, mechanical, and coordinate measuring machine inspections to prescribed quality plans and programs
- Work from blueprints and engineering drawings applying a solid understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Complete all job-related paperwork accurately and on time.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1+years of experience in CNC machine operation
- Experience within the aerospace industry preferred
- Interpersonal and communication skills required
- Customer service skills with an established bias for action in a team environment required
- Proven awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions required
- Demonstrated ability to follow safety practices and recognize hazards required. Must be able to communicate effectively in English
- Demonstrated ability to meet attendance standards as defined in company policies required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess ability to communicate verbally, in writing and have the ability to hear
- Role requires ability to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop and crouch as well as sit on occasion
- Must have ability to lift / move up to 40 pounds and occasionally may be required to lift / move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts
- The employee is regularly required to stand and walk
- Must have the ability to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, crouch and sit on occasion
- Must have the ability to regularly stand and walk
- Must have the ability to bend, squat, twist at the waist and neck flexion
- Must have the ability to push/pull objects distances of up to 15 feet
- Must have the ability to grasp and grip to lift and carry equipment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Paradigm Precision is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other basis protected by law.
Please apply at our career page: http://paradigmprecision.com/careers -- you'll find our opportunities under Peabody MA job openings.