Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Support Specialist
The IT Support Specialist provides ongoing support, maintenance, problem diagnosis/resolution, and documentation for any issues involving company hardware, software, system configurations, peripherals, network connectivity, upgrades and other technical assistance necessary to assure end-user productivity and efficient business operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, upgrade, configure and maintain company computer hardware and PC network connections
- Troubleshoot and provide timely resolution of computer hardware/software and network connectivity issues, escalating, as necessary, any issues requiring advanced support to the Manager
- Implement and monitor effective virus-protection on all PCs and laptops
- Provide all support services in a positive, professional and respectful manner, while exhibiting a sense of urgency
- Provide detailed documentation on all systems/computer information for all maintenance, upgrade, troubleshooting, and standard IT operating procedures
- Communicate effectively with the company IT operations team on any serious system issues
- Maintain detailed inventory of company computer hardware, peripherals and supplies
- Maintain current records of software licenses and versions on all company computers
- Assist in maintenance, programming and support of the company telephone system
- Assist as directed with general network and server maintenance and support issues
- Provide troubleshooting, basic support and maintenance of company printers, faxes and copiers
- Provide basic user support for Microsoft Office
- Provide physical and technical assistance with office personnel/equipment/furniture relocations
- Install, support, maintain, upgrade, and document all company/client scanning stations
- Work with existing clients/hospitals/vendors to minimize down time and data loss to maximize productivity
- Maintain detailed records of all company and client IT-related installations, including remote-access login information, admin access, and user information
- Maintain organized storage for files, equipment, accessories and software
- Assist in implementation and maintenance of system security procedures
- Assist in support and maintenance of company/client e-mail systems
- Perform other duties or special projects as required or assigned by the Director of IT or Vice President of Operations
- Should possess 2-4 years related experience. Technical certifications are a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Windows XP, 7, 8, Adobe products and Microsoft Office.
- Hands on experience migrating from Windows XP to Windows 7.
- Familiar with basic networking, TCP/IP, WTS, SQL server,VOIP (ShoreTel experience is a plus), remote access, medical billing, healthcare/hospital IT environment, HIPAA security/privacy
- Work requires someone with excellent oral and written communication skills who exudes a positive service “whatever-it-takes” attitude to all internal and external customers (NOT a “clock-watcher”).
- Work requires someone who can learn quickly, is extremely organized and has the ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects – some of which are very deadline-oriented.
- Work requires someone with a strong work ethic who is a team player but can also work autonomously with minimal direction.