Santander Consumer USA Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Small Business Relationship Manager, Norwood, MA
at Santander Consumer USA Inc.
Small Business Banking serves the banking needs of businesses with less than $3 million in revenue. As a Small Business Relationship Manager, you will pro-actively operate at the heart of the local business community, where you will build new relationships and actively manage a portfolio of up to 150 customers with approximately $15MM in deposits and $3MM in loans. The Relationship Manager will be responsible for driving performance within a cluster of 1-5 branches and partnering with Branch Managers and their teams, including joint calling, coaching and other support. As part of your day to day, you will meet with prospects and customers at their place of business, with an emphasis on customers above $500,000 in sales and credit deals above $100,000.We know our people deliver their best value when supported, so when you join, we will equip you with all the knowledge and tools you need during a 4-week training/introduction program with one-on-one support from your Small Business Area Manager.
- Outreach efforts will include but not limited to lead lists, internal and external referrals and cold calling
- Drives relationship management by identifying cross-sell opportunities and introducing our Product partners to help provide a full banking proposition
- Expected to do joint calling and prospecting with Product partners depending on the situation
- Develop a targeted COI (center of influence) list and have a detailed plan to build relationships that lead to referral business in support of goals
- Build your individual market profile as well as the profile of Santander in the local community
- Effectively utilizes the resources / tools available to manage the call / relationship management consistent sales process and activities
- Required to make a target number of in person calls to prospects, customers, COIs and internal partners weekly and monthly
- Sells solutions including opening deposit accounts, completing the entire loan origination process and servicing the ongoing needs of customers
- Manage a portfolio of up to 150 customers, expected to grow portfolio by deepening existing relationships
- Primary focus is on new business development for lending and deposits in an assigned cluster of up to 5 branches (travel by car required) with clear expectations on exceeding assigned sales and service goals
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field or related experience
- 2 - 4 years of experience in Sales and Relationship Management
- Small Business Banking or Business lending experience
- Ability to build relationships with customers and develop partnerships across business lines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with individuals at all levels, internally and externally
- General knowledge of business credit underwriting
- Proven ability to develop, retain and expand relationships with COIs
- Proven track record in partnering with Retail Branch teams, including joint calling, coaching and supporting a designated cluster of Branch Managers
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers, improving customer satisfaction to achieve divisional goals to significantly increase market share
- Strong business development skills
- Strong understanding of business credit, deposit and cash management products and services
- In compliance with the requirements outlined within the Compensation Requirements under the Truth-in-Lending Act (LO Comp Rule) effective January 1st 2014; Santander Bank will now perform a credit check as part of, and in addition to, the existing background check for all positions where one must perform job functions of a loan originator as defined by the LO Comp Rule
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.