Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Payable Clerk
at Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Job Description Summary
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for ensuring that all payables transactions are posted regularly and payments to the vendors are generated on an accurate and timely basis. Ensures documentation for all payments are properly maintained.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes invoices in accounts payable system.
- Scans and imports invoices for processing.
- Assigns general ledger account distribution coding.
- Assigns appropriate approval workflow to the invoice.
- Initiates creation of new vendors in accounts payable system:
- Obtains key vendor data: W-9, business registration from respective Secretary of State website, bank information for electronic funds transfer.
- Inputs vendor information into accounts payable system.
- Assigns appropriate approval workflow for new vendor.
- Verifies the arithmetical accuracy of all invoices before payment.
- Reconciles the statements from suppliers and resolves any discrepancies.
- Reviews month-end Accounts Payable aging and addresses any outstanding items.
- Prepares and posts month-end accruals.
- Assist departments in the timely processing, allocation and reconciliation of invoices and statements.
- Assist the finance group with the month end close process.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Respond to vendor payment inquiries;
- Provide task force support for hotels requiring assistance, as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Maintain accounts payable files; and
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required by the hotel operation.
Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Health Benefits (Health & Dental Insurance)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Sonesta Hotels & Other Outlets Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Newborn & Adopted Child Leave
- Spousal & Domestic Partner Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Activities & Events
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.
At Sonesta, we value our team members as individuals who enhance our guests’ experiences with their unique skills and contributions. We actively support professional growth and personal happiness in each of our employees at each of our hotels, resorts, suites and cruise ships. We seek out people who will eagerly partner with us to improve the overall Sonesta experience for our guests, and the overall Sonesta experience for their fellow colleagues. If you are interested in a career in some of the most impressive and beautiful surroundings in the world with generous benefits and perks, we hope you’ll get in touch with us.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.