Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager of Benefits and Compensation
at Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Job Description Summary
The Manager, Benefits and Compensation is responsible for support, implementation and administration of the company’s total rewards strategies and programs (including compensation, and health and welfare programs) to attract, retain and motivate our rapidly growing workforce.
Benefits (Primary area of expertise)
- Responsible for participating in benefits programs, including recommending, implementation, support and compliance for new and existing employee benefits programs, including but not limited to plan selection, annual renewal process, contract negotiation, benchmarking. Works in collaboration with Sonesta’s parent company on these issues as needed.
- Maintains relationships with vendors, brokers and consultants to assess programs and market trends.
- Responsible to handle benefits inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution. Maintains contact in person, and by phone or mail, with hospitals, physicians, insurance companies, employees, and beneficiaries to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits for all employees.
- Manage annual open enrollment for welfare benefit plans, including communication regarding plan information to hotel and corporate employees.
- Ensure compliance and reporting across various labor and employment areas including but not limited to AAP, EEO, FLSA, ERISA, ACA, HIPAA, federal and state statutes, etc. Preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies.
- Plan, schedule and recommend to hotels a process to conduct 401k education meetings.
- Processing of employee workers’ compensation claims participate in claims review meetings and monitor claims activity. Ensure extended WC Claims and Leaves are monitored and tracked.
- Responsible for the design, preparation, updates and distribution of employee benefits summary, time off schedules, portals and other employee benefits communications.
- Ensure all annual notices are distributed to employees as required by law.
- Participate in all new hotel conversions, which may including visiting sites, conducting benefits orientation meetings and onboarding.
- Provide oversight of benefit changes, updates and implementations in Workday and system testing to ensure consistency with plan documents.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of legislation as well as market trends impacting compensation and benefits (including leave of absence/FMLA) programs and best practices and be proactive in amending policies and programs
- Ensure company is in compliance with Health Care Reform regulations, specifically, hours tracking and year end reporting.
- As required, provide critical support in the due diligence process and comprehensive review of all compensation and benefit plans for new ventures, mergers and acquisitions.
- Oversee leave administration including disability and FMLA.
- Maintain positive relationship with vendors, future benefits and compensation related partners, finance, legal, HR, hotel team members.
- Responsible for the quality and timeliness of all work.
- Accurately maintains records of both paper and electronic employee files, monitors data entry and implements process improvement when and where possible.
- Oversee the participation in salary surveys and analyze results in order to assess competitive labor market trends, establish salary structure and compensation philosophy, develop salary recommendations, and prepare policies and procedures to ensure equitable and competitive employee compensation.
- Provides support for compensation cycle activities.
- Actively contributes to the growth of the company with ideas and actions.
- Demonstrates and acts in accordance with our Mission and Values.
- Acts as a backup, additional resource, administrative support and project lead to other HR areas – specifically Employee Relations and Compliance.
Additional Job Description
A candidate for this position must possess the following applicable knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to demonstrate and provide applicable examples to support his/her competency.
- Track record of delivering exceptional guest and client experience, particularly for multi-site organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree perferred
- 3 - 5 years of experience and progressive responsibility in benefits experience preferred.
- Demonstrable expertise in analysis and action taking
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Excellent organization skills
- Appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Health Benefits (Health & Dental Insurance)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Sonesta Hotels & Other Outlets Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Newborn & Adopted Child Leave
- Spousal & Domestic Partner Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Activities & Events
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.
At Sonesta, we value our team members as individuals who enhance our guests’ experiences with their unique skills and contributions. We actively support professional growth and personal happiness in each of our employees at each of our hotels, resorts, suites and cruise ships. We seek out people who will eagerly partner with us to improve the overall Sonesta experience for our guests, and the overall Sonesta experience for their fellow colleagues. If you are interested in a career in some of the most impressive and beautiful surroundings in the world with generous benefits and perks, we hope you’ll get in touch with us.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.