Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager of Field Technology Support
at Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Job Description Summary
The Service Delivery Manager plays a critical role within the IT Organization. The role oversees all Service Desk staff for both corporate and third party contact centers and ensures end-users receive the appropriate assistance. Collaborating with IT colleagues, this role ensures the successful deployment of new hardware, software and service solutions and vendor performance management. The position requires a relentless focus on continuous improvement, service quality and overall satisfaction. Additionally, this role is responsible for the design, delivery and ongoing maintenance of the enterprise end-point ecosystem.
The Manager’s role includes managing all procedures related to identification, prioritization and resolution of incidents including monitoring, tracking and functional coordination. The role will develop implement and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent service levels with the primary goal of reducing demand on the Service Desk by continually driving quality improvement into enterprise and vendor products and process. The manager will serve as a technical mentor and escalation point to their team.
This role will challenge the status quo and consistently seek opportunities to re-engineer processes and redesign solutions. Through a consulting relationship with key business clients, this role will proactively deliver high quality, innovative, architected, strategic solutions aligned with clear business requirements. This occurs through passionate situational leadership, inspiration, mentoring, and management of a small team of IT professionals executing key initiatives through the full project lifecycle.
A critical success factor for this role will be to establish trusted business relationships and to develop a strong understanding of relevant technologies, business and department strategic objectives, challenges and opportunities. The role will ensure that IT efforts maximize return on investment by aligning to both business and IT strategy, driving efficiency and operational productivity in business facing applications and user experience in consumer facing technologies.
- Manage the daily operations related to incoming requests from the enterprise and escalation via third party to ensure timely, courteous, and effective resolution of all end-user issues
- Maximize effective utilization of support technologies
- Prepare and complete action plans, process audits, analyses and ongoing documentation updates
- Develop and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures
- Oversee the development, implementation and administration of Service Desk staff training procedures and policies
- Manage the best practice deployment, configuration and use of ServiceNow™
- Contribute to escalated problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users when necessary
- Build, communicate and enforce Service Level Agreements with internal customers; Manage SLA adherence by vendors
- Track and analyze trends in Service Desk requests and generate statistical reports with which to reduce service desk demand through improvements in product, process or end-user IT literacy and self-sufficiency
- Lead weekly and monthly vendor performance reviews for strategic vendors to ensure partners are meeting established SLAs and manage associated remediation plans as necessary
- Strategy and Planning:
- Evaluate vendor support center operational strategies and capabilities by conducting performance reviews, assessing staffing, application of resources, their capacity, and also the forecast of demand as compared to actuals
- Perform capacity planning, budget management, commercial agreement negotiation and performance analysis
- Constantly evaluate the support models in place for efficiency, effectiveness and cost
- Financial Management:
- Create and manage against service delivery and support budgets
- Provide and manage budget guidance to hotels related
- Participate in commercial agreement negotiations to ensure value delivery and operational efficiency for the Company
- Managing your Team
- Actively provide frequent management, guidance and direction to individual staff members on professional and personal development goals and assist them in defining their business growth opportunities
- Ensure team members meet or exceed committed service obligations to internal customers
- Create commitment and excitement around shared goals and values
- Translate organizational goals into challenging individual performance goals and success metrics.
- Rigorously assess talent and succession planning. Provide constructive, actionable feedback and coaching. Provide meaningful development plans and discussions
- Recognize and celebrate contributions and achievements of others.
- Leading with Passion
- Drive employee engagement. Articulate a compelling vision for the Service Delivery function. Motivate teams and individuals.
- Lead organizational changes that strengthen the company and our ability to accelerate growth.
- Create a culture of execution and accountability to sustain and accelerate growth.
- Influence employees to perform to their highest standard and establish a trusting environment to enrich the culture
- Lead by example and operate with transparency, integrity and respect
- Inspire your team to embrace and demonstrate our values and GUEST People Standards
Additional Job Description
- BS in IT Services, Hospitality Management, Project Management, or other applicable degree
- Restaurant, hotel or retail experience preferred
- Fluency and practical application of advanced principles of ITIL/ITSM, ITIL v3 Certification preferred
- 7+ years’ experience managing an IT Help Desk and End Point team
- Management and administration with ServiceNow highly preferred
- Extensive knowledge and support experience with common Microsoft productivity applications
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware, including PCs, mobile, phone and network equipment
- Experience with desktop operating systems including Window 7, Windows 10 and MacOS
- Proven track record of developing and providing SLAs and Service Desk deliverables
- Demonstrated progressive experience in the management of a technical support team
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills, analytical abilities, problem solving, and follow through
- Ability to quickly assess and resolve conflicts and complaints and provide appropriate follow-up
- Commitment to excellence in service, performance, and execution
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with business leaders at all levels
- Demonstrated leadership with proven ability to manage, grow and develop strong IT teams and individuals
- Exceptional project planning & management skills; experience in organizing, planning, and executing significant projects from vision through implementation leveraging structured systems development and project management methodologies
- Significant experience in the development and justification of multi-year technology strategies and roadmaps which are aligned to business goals and strategies
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills with technical and non-technical audiences; ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and promotes understanding by not overcomplicating
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Health Benefits (Health & Dental Insurance)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Sonesta Hotels & Other Outlets Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Newborn & Adopted Child Leave
- Spousal & Domestic Partner Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Activities & Events
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.
At Sonesta, we value our team members as individuals who enhance our guests’ experiences with their unique skills and contributions. We actively support professional growth and personal happiness in each of our employees at each of our hotels, resorts, suites and cruise ships. We seek out people who will eagerly partner with us to improve the overall Sonesta experience for our guests, and the overall Sonesta experience for their fellow colleagues. If you are interested in a career in some of the most impressive and beautiful surroundings in the world with generous benefits and perks, we hope you’ll get in touch with us.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.