Suffolk Transportation Service, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Manager of Compensation and Benefits
at Suffolk Transportation Service, Inc.
- Job Location : Location
- Regular Full-Time
- Human Resources
The Senior Manager of Compensation and Benefits is responsible the Suffolk’s Total Rewards programs. This position collaborates with Finance, People & Culture Operations, HRIS and the CAO of People & Culture, to ensure that Suffolk provides high quality, cost effective total rewards program. This position will manage two roles, a Benefits and a Compensation Analyst.
If you are an innovative collaborator and proven performer who enjoys working on teams that deliver superior results, you may qualify for a rewarding career at Suffolk, a construction management firm that is sparking an industry revolution and has consistently been named a “best place to work”!
- Develop, communicate and administer a competitive total rewards strategy to include compensation, health and welfare benefits, 401k and paid time off programs, that are cost effective and consistent with labor market trends and organizational objectives.
- Evaluate existing programs, strategies and philosophies to design scalable and functional national compensation programs.
- Partner with senior HR and executive leadership to define, develop, communicate and execute the compensation philosophy, vision, and strategy.
- Design and manage compensation programs for base salary, variable compensation and long-term incentives.
- Oversee the benchmarking process, annual compensation review, and the company-wide compensation planning process which includes the implementation of market data, salary bands and executive compensation.
- Prepare compensation documentation, presentations, and communications for audiences at all levels, ranging from employees to finance to top executive leadership
- Work with legal counsel to ensure compliance with all governmental regulations related to compensation and benefit programs.
- Partner with P&C leadership and site leaders to understand business needs and services requirements.
- Provide leadership and training to the People & Culture (P&C) Operations team members on the total rewards plans and programs.
- Resolve concerns and communicate with employees in cases that cannot be routinely handled by members of the P&C Operations team.
- Oversee the review, communication, and implementation of the annual benefit programs open enrollment process and the annual total compensation review.
- Point of contact for the Benefits Broker and other vendors as related to our Core benefits like Medical, Dental, 401K, Life Insurance, Disability and FSA.
- Work with the P&C Analyst to ensure timely review of the banking information, running analytical reports and conducting monthly and quarterly audits on the benefit plans.
- Coordination of the 5500 completion and filing, discrimination testing, all mailings, notifications and communications, and local region/city ordination compliance.
- Lead coordination of the 401K investment committee and coordinate 401k employee educational sessions/events
- Lead the annual review of the Employee Handbook.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6-10 years of experience in administering both compensation and benefits plans, including plan design, plan communications, and execution.
- Expert level with HRIS systems – Oracle experience preferred
- Proven success as influencer and as a change agent
- Results Driven
- Ability to provide best in class customer service
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Solution agent with Strong planning, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Collaborative and positive
- Ability to make decisions promptly and with confidence
- Sound business judgment
Highly organized, able to prioritize and multi-task
- Must possess Suffolk’s Core Values: Passion, Integrity, Hard Work, Professionalism and Caring.
- Experience using Payfactors preferred but not required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stands; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level. Job site walking.
Suffolk Construction is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.