The Chazen Companies
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Community/Economic Development Specialist
at The Chazen Companies
THIS POSITION MAY BE LOCATED IN EITHER TROY, POUGHKEEPSIE, OR GLENS FALLS NY
Primary responsibility for securing and administering state and federal funding for infrastructure, community development, economic development projects . Works collaboratively with Municipal Client Managers to identify projects/opportunities, establish and implement strategies to secure funds, develops funding requests, and captures and implements administration and implementation activities. Assist Municipal Market Sector leader(s) with developing new municipal targets/clients through outreach/networking and other means.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Develops, leads, manages and implements municipal funding portfolio activities
- Identifies funding programs for existing municipal projects and strategic targets
- Prepares funding requests, manages and/or completes grant implementation activities and ensures client compliance with funding agency requirements from grant award to project closeout
- Executes and/or supervises grant administration activities including activities necessary to satisfy grant award including but not limited to the environmental review process, project reporting, MWBE compliance reporting, reimbursement requests, and related functions.
- Works closely with municipal clients and internal staff to ensure sound communications and client satisfaction
- Serves as Project Manager/Technical lead on Community Development (CD)/Economic Development (ED) and Grant Administration projects
- Develops and manages scope, schedule, and budget for these activities
- Coordinates work of others when serving as Project Manager
- Provides expertise in SEQRA/NEPA, economic development strategies, municipal finance, planning process/practices
- Assist Municipal Market Sector leads in developing marketing/BD strategies, sales, lead development for Municipal Group
- BS/MS planning, engineering, public administration, finance or related field
- IEDC Certified Economic Developer
- Knowledge of CDBG, NYS EDC, NYS EFC, US EDA, USDA and related funding programs
- Advanced knowledge of community development, economic development and municipal capital project planning. Knowledge of municipal operations, administration and decision making
- Sound knowledge of land development process, NEPA and SEQR
- Intermediate/Advanced skills / knowledge in one or more of the following technical areas –municipal finance, tax credit financing/state financial incentives, fiscal/statistical analysis, demographics, other related
- Intermediate/Advanced skills in Project Management, Sales/Influence, Interpersonal skills, Coaching, Training