The Chazen Companies
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Building Code & Life Safety Services
at The Chazen Companies
This position can be based in either White Plains or Troy, NY
Due to sustained growth and continued geographic expansion of our Building Code and Life Safety Services group, Chazen is looking to fill the position of Director. This managerial position will require a motivated and hard-working individual with extensive knowledge of building design, construction and the building codes and standards that govern it.
To meet the demands of this expanding service line Chazen is looking for individuals that demonstrate effective leadership experience, the ability to manage both internal staff and clients, and excel at written and verbal communication.
- Lead, develop and grow the Building Code & Life Safety Services group providing efficient, profitable and timely delivery of high-quality professional services
- Recruit, train, coach, develop, manage, mentor and motivate staff
- Develop and implement business plans to grow the business and execute the work
- Identify target markets and services
- Lead business development and client management efforts for the group
- Lead and manage the group’s proposal process
- Schedule project work and resources
- Manage significant projects personally, and manage and oversee project managers and technical staff
- Ensure compliance with QA/QC process and perform QC personally as needed
- Responsible for the group’s overall P&L and project financial performance
- Work with managers, project managers and technical staff throughout the company as necessary to support multi-disciplinary projects
- Cross-sell the company’s services
- Participate in company strategic planning process
- Performs all other related duties as required and assigned.
- Minimum of 15 years relevant experience (Chazen will consider candidates from design, construction and building code backgrounds).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with the International Building Code (IBC) and New York State Uniform Code.
- Professional engineers license or architectural accreditation is preferred
- A New York State Department of State (DOS)or International Code Council (ICC) building officials certification is preferred (if candidate does not currently possess certification, the expectation would be to obtain this after hire)
Founded over 70 years ago, The Chazen Companies is an employee-owned, multidisciplinary firm providing civil engineering. land surveying, planning, environmental and safety consulting, code services, landscape architecture, construction services, transportation, planning and traffic engineering in the private and public sectors. Chazen employees proudly collaborate with municipalities, state agencies, developers, landowners, utility companies, and industrial, healthcare, education, and non-profit clients from project conception to completion, taking a customized approach to every project. With offices in Glens Falls, Troy, Poughkeepsie and White Plains, NY; Nashville and Chattanooga, TN; and Portland, Oregon, Chazen delivers world class performance focused on creating effective, long-term partnerships with its clients.
We are regularly recognized by our employees as a Best Places to Work and consistently win workplace excellence awards. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program including an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Program), training, professional development, membership in professional associations and much more. All of our offices provide employees with a relaxed and professional working environment.