The Chazen Companies
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior GIS Analyst
at The Chazen Companies
This position can be based in either the Troy or Poughkeepsie NY office
We have an immediate opportunity for an individual with a minimum of 6-8 years of experience to assist in the development and management of Chazen’s GIS Services.
The successful candidate must have excellent technical, organizational and communication skills, as well as the ability to work both independently and lead a team to exceed client expectations and meet deadlines within budget.
- Function as Project Manager for GIS led assignments and lead GIS project teams;
- Manage & supervise daily GIS activities, database, data capture, QAQC and standards operating procedures;
- GIS data analysis and program development;
- GIS technical advisor;
- Business development and proposal preparation;
- Working with local & state agencies and private industry clients;
- Bachelor's degree in GIS, Geography, Environmental Science or related degree;
- GISP certification or desire/ability to become certified a plus;
- Minimum of six (6) to eight (8) years of progressive experience with a broad knowledge of municipal and private sector civil, planning, survey or environmental engineering consulting services;
- Ability to provide successful project delivery on multiple simultaneous projects;
- Proficiency with ERSI ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online, Collector for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Pro and Microsoft Office;
- Experience working with spatial analysis, network analysis, 3D analysis tool, ArcGIS Model Builder, ArcHydro;
- Working knowledge of municipal separate storm sewer systems (MS4);
- Experience with municipal asset management systems and inventories;
- Ability to explore and develop new business;
- Experience and understanding of various data collections systems and GPS;
- Ability to lead and communicate effectively, orally and in writing;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to use sound judgment and pro-active approach to resolve problems;
- Ability to manage staff and workload effectively which includes setting priorities and meeting schedule.
- Previous experience leading a team required
Competitive compensation and benefits commensurate with experience.
The Chazen Companies is an employee-owned, multidisciplinary firm providing civil engineering, land surveying, planning, environmental and safety consulting, code services, landscape architecture, construction services, transportation planning and traffic engineering to clients in the private and public sectors. Chazen’s 150 employees proudly collaborate with municipalities, state agencies, developers, landowners, utility companies, and industrial, healthcare, education, and nonprofit clients from project concept to completion, taking a customized approach to every project. With offices in Glens Falls, Troy, Poughkeepsie and White Plains, NY; Nashville and Chattanooga, TN; and Portland, Oregon, Chazen delivers world class performance focused on creating effective, long-term partnerships with its clients.
We are regularly recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work and consistently win workplace excellence awards. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program including tuition reimbursement, professional development, membership in professional associations and much more. All of our offices provide employees with a relaxed, friendly and professional working atmosphere. Most importantly our diverse and talented staff understand the need to be highly responsive and take pride in exceeding our client’s expectations.
The Chazen Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.