The Princeton Review
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Development Manager
at The Princeton Review
Job TitleBusiness Development Manager
Job TypeFull Time - Permanent
About The Princeton Review: The Princeton Review is a leading tutoring, test prep and college admission services company. Every year, it helps millions of college and graduate school-bound students achieve their education and career goals through online and in person courses delivered by a network of more than 4,000 teachers and tutors, online resources, and its more than 150 print and digital books published by Penguin Random House. Its Tutor.com brand is the largest online tutoring service with a community of more than 3,000 expert tutors and 17 million one-to-one tutoring sessions completed. The Princeton Review is headquartered in New York, NY. For more information, visit PrincetonReview.com. Follow the company on Twitter @ThePrincetonRev. The Princeton Review is not affiliated with Princeton University.
Summary of Position:
For more than 30 years, students and their families have trusted The Princeton Review to help them get into their dream school. From homework support to MCAT test prep, we've got you covered. The Business Development Manager is The Princeton Review's definitive brand ambassador for grad school test preparation, online homework help, and admissions programs. Business Development Managers find dynamic ways to partner with leading colleges, universities, businesses, and non-profit organizations to prepare America's next generation of great minds! They plan and execute compelling events that engage parents and students to and drive enrollment in Princeton Review programs to ensure that more students get into their top grad school programs.
1. Serve as primary point of contact for partner schools and organizations and provide outstanding client service while promoting the brand and increasing enrollment in test preparation, online homework help, and college admissions programs.
2. Drive prospect count and bookings growth through aggressive outreach, diligent follow-up, and creative application of proven strategies.
3. Conduct informational and sales presentations at leading colleges, universities, businesses, and organizations.
4. Plan and manage all promotional and operational aspects of running Princeton Review marketing events; prospect and participate in non-Princeton Review events to attract students.
5. Build and nurture relationships with key administrators, counselors, faculty, parents, and student organizations to increase Princeton Review's brand recognition and attendance at events.
6. Provide great advice, support, and follow-up to prospective students and families to ensure that they choose The Princeton Review for their test preparation, homework help, and admissions needs.
7. Recruit, train, staff, and manage a small group of part-time proctors, presenters, and administrative support personnel to extend reach.
8. Regularly review prospect and bookings data to understand local sales trends, identify gaps in outreach, and assist in developing strategies and tactics to respond to market dynamics and competitor activity.
9. Communicate and apply company-wide strategy, initiatives, and programs.
10. Support other initiatives and assist in the delivery of excellent student service.
11. Track activity in a complete and timely manner using various systems, including salesforce.com.
12. Other duties as assigned
Education, Background, Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least one year of professional experience in sales, client/customer relationship building, and/or event promotion. This experience can include part-time positions or internships.
- Enthusiastic, confident and optimistic demeanor with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for presenting to large groups of parents and students
- No qualms starting conversations with people you don't know
- Exemplary email and phone communication and etiquette
- A highly competitive nature with a desire to set and beat goals. You will be responsible for growing and nurturing a new territory
- Ability to manage your own time
- An ethic of personal responsibility; a need to hold yourself accountable on behalf of a team
- A willingness to travel throughout the area
- Modern tech fluency, including the ability to manage your responsibilities using a smartphone and laptop, use various communication platforms, and leverage MS Office
- Experience with salesforce.com a plus
- Experience in test preparation or admissions is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of Rhode Island and SE Massachusetts area geography and major schools within it is a plus
TPR will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history.
The Princeton Review is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.