The Salvation Army National Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Kidspace Recreation Attendant
at The Salvation Army National Corporation
- Job ID
- Child Care
- Regular Part-Time
The Salvation Army Ray & Joan Kroc Corps Community Center is seeking a Kidspace Recreation Attendant to provide supervision to the children of members and program participants. The attendant works in the gymnasium, outdoor hard court, athletic field, and aquatics as necessary. Keep score and/or referee during recreational sports league games. Ensure the safe use of the facilities by assisting patrons as needed in the fitness department with the equipment.
- High School or GED
- Two years preferred in a field related to leisure studies, parks, and recreation or physical education and play works.
- Experience in childcare with children ages 7 to 11preferred.
- Must have at least three years experience in supervising education programs.
- Must have or be able to acquire within the first 30 days of employment a First Aid & CPR certification.
- Must have gym and exercise equipment knowledge. Must be able to express his or her knowledge on the form and function of each piece of equipment and can demonstrate its proper use.
- Must have the ability to confidently speak and instruct groups of people consisting of individuals with varying age, experience, competency and cultural backgrounds
- Must be in good physical and mental health, capable of meeting the demands of the gymnasium and athletic field programs.
- Maintain a professional attitude and approach to problem solving
- Have ability to work with student and parent participants, consisting of individuals with varying ages, experience, competency and cultural backgrounds.
- Must have the ability to work and relate well with people.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Have a philosophy of education and child development, which is consistent with that of the Center and The Salvation Army.
- Must be available to work week nights.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40 lbs.