Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Network Engineer - Boston
at UnitedHealth Group
- Key contributor to network architecture of the Optum Analytics network
- Execute planned network maintenance and capacity improvement work
- Monitor and respond to network and security events
- Analyze network behavior and performance using various software tools
- Establish and troubleshoot 3rd party IPSEC VPN connections
- Deploy approved firewall policy changes
- Develop, publish, and maintain documentation as related to specific network and security issues and services
- Utilizes excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel to various Optum Analytics datacenters as required.
- Comfortable with working an on-call and out-of-hours rotation when required
- Able to work well independently or within a team, especially cross-functional teamsCore Competencies:
- Ability to provide unique and creative solutions to problems that leverage best practices and foster network stability and security
- Ability to work on multiple high priority tasks
- Calm under pressure and ability to work through difficult issues
- Eagerness to learn new technologies
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in a technology discipline
- 5+ years of recent experience on enterprise-grade Firewalls such as Juniper SRX series or Check Point.
- 5+ years of experience working with VoIP
- 5+ years of experience working with wireless LAN infrastructures
- 5+ experience on enterprise routers such as Juniper or Cisco Series
- 3+ years with enterprise SIEMs such as Splunk for Enterprise Security
- Hands on experience with network monitoring, reporting and performance software
- Experience with dynamic routing like OSPF and BGP, especially multihomed BGP
- Must reside in New England or Washington DC areaWilling and able to travel up to 15% to east coast US locations
- Willing and able to work on-call and after hours as needed as well as weekend maintenance once a month
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Understanding of Linux at a basic system administration level
- Experience testing for vulnerabilities and configuration weaknesses.
- Experience with controller-based wireless networks such as Aruba
- Experience with network load balancers such as Netscalers
- Currently residing in Boston, MA or surrounding area.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.